cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI PODS

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Lastnight i set up my new Hub4 and now my wifi pods wont connect (previously had hub 3).

I called virgin on the advice from people here to see if they can provision the pods to work with new hub. Well the guy on the phone said it has to be someone from the technical team that has to do that for me & that someone from there will call me within 24 hours ? 

Just wondering how long should i wait before calling back again :(. 

Do they usually phone you or is this just something they tell you ? 

10 REPLIES 10

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Juat to add, we really need the pods to get wifi in at least 3 of the bedroom as at the moment with juat the hub 4 rooms of the house are dead- spots! 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The need activating onto your new Hub

Call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3) – you will need the serial number/MAC address off the barcode sticker of the new Hub (and the Pod if it has one) and also your account number,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Thank you so much i will do that

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Well that was another waste of time! 

Apart from the fact the man i was talking to could barely speak english and couldnt understand what i was asking him to do. 

When he managed to figure out what i was asking he juat kept wanting to run through the trouble shooting faq's that ive already tried twice over and ive also checked the router settings etc. I told him its something you need to do at your end not mine......

How many times do u need to phone Virgin before someone properly helps :(.

Im paying more per month now for less of a signal & my partner cant work from home from any of the bedrooms now either so its impacting his work. 

How long after upgrading do you have to cancel ? 

weeshaz
On our wavelength

And STILL NO call back from the 'technical team' either 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What package are you on and are the Pods being provided for free?

Pods are only free to customers on 1GB, Ultimate Oomph or Volt packages - is that you? If so its worth persevering - a VM person will sort it for you here when they get here in a day or so.

If not… you will be charged £5/month. Its a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying a "better" wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever but it isn’t the simple plug and play option of the Pod(s).

Get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point (4) Powerline adapters, (5) A combination of (2,3,4).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Yes im on the gig 1 broadband package. So i have access for free i believe? 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Yep - a VM person should respond and offer to help on here in a day or two

--------------------
John
--------------------

weeshaz
On our wavelength

Great, i cant get a signal on the other box in my room, so no tv can be watched in there either. It mustve relied on the wifi pod too. 

I really hope someone does see this and helps 😞