cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W5 Ealing very high packet loss 7pm 7am

flynny75
Joining in

I am experiencing very high packet loss at very regular intervals between 7pm and 7am the next day. Thankfully everything is fine during the day so I can continue to work from home, but my connection is basically unusable in the evening. This has been happening for a few weeks now 

I have set up a BQM to monitor my connection from the outside.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4690452e99887c3699f7030f0a4863ed70...

I have tried to use technical support, but they just want me to adjust WiFi channel options (despite me repeatedly saying I am using ethernet). I have factory reset my hub, but it made no changes.

Is there anything else I can do? 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

flynny75
Joining in

I didn't even get the full work day today, had to tether from my phone instead.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/4e03ec750188e4663aa446ffe8a4a0544d...

Still no word from Virgin

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi flynny75,

Thanks for getting in touch, and a very warm welcome to the Community Forum! I'm sorry that you're having some issues with your broadband connection.

I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. I'll just need to confirm a few details via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen.

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi flynny75,

Thanks for confirming those details via Private Message.

I've had a look at your account, and I can see that there is currently an SNR issue in your area, which is due to be resolved on the 9th of August at 9am. I am sorry about any inconvenience that this outage has caused. Could you please continue to monitor your connection after this date, and let us know if you continue to see problems?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team