cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vpn throttling

Anths79
Tuning in
Hey guys I have an account with a vpn provider and on my 160mb line I never get above 20mb. I have tried at another house with different internet provider and it is fine there. I have checked firewall settings on router and enabled pptp etc.

Is virgin throttling vpn?
39 REPLIES 39

Thanks to "Outcast" for the YouTube video link

Borg100
On our wavelength

Yes, AirVPN is easiest to use and works But I went another route again after trying numerous VPN's .. Basically, I'm on NordVPN and I didn't use The APP I just downloaded UDP/TCP config file and Used this and I get 39-41MiB Full speed on torrents Using OpenVPN <<<. https://support.nordvpn.com/Connectivity/Proxy/1049258992/Proxy-setup-on-Deluge.htm

Borg100
On our wavelength

mikekane
Tuning in

Chances are high that your VPN is throttling bandwidth. Think about it if they would provide you 160mb and then 10 more users come up with 200MB then how can they manage?

I am using my Work VPN, and ist working fine, no throttling at all.

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS GT-AX6000 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?

Borg100
On our wavelength

Yes omg this is so simple, Yes I get great speed using VPN but "Not" for torrents, jeez

The OpenVPN protocol is known to be the strongest in encryption but slower in speeds where as the L2TP protocol is faster but less secure compared to openvpn. PPTP is the least Secure but all in all the fastest. Then it’s a case of trying out all location servers to find the best one.

I’m  currently using  expressvpn can I get around 200Mb using openvpn east London but 300 using l2tp east London on a 350Mb Virgin speed. 

Hi

You mean 20 mb down on Torrenting?

I get about 30 on a 500mb line using IP vanish 

Borg100
On our wavelength

No 2.0 at the time