cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt upgrade speed not showing on speedtest

HVMan
Joining in

I recently got a Volt upgrade to 350mbs from 220mbs. I have a superhub 3, which I've hard reset and reset back to modem mode.

I cannot get it to download at any speed beyond what it did before, which was/is always about 218-220mbs.

Just how do I get the increased speed. Incidentally, the speed increase is confirmed on my account.

Any advice gratefully received.

15 REPLIES 15

So, this morning on main PC, went to Speedtest via Asus RT-AC86U and got speed as show in attached pics. On the face of it, all seems OK, though through router software speeds seem a bit hit and miss. I use my main PC for gaming and I have altered the the Qos is set as per the last pic. Thanks for all help and advice give, much appreciated. : ) Recent Speedtest data via Asus router directRecent Speedtest data via Asus router directVia browserVia browserThis via browser on laptop connected via LAN cableThis via browser on laptop connected via LAN cable

Qos setting on RT-AC86UQos setting on RT-AC86U

@HVMan wrote:

Qos setting on RT-AC86UQos setting on RT-AC86U

QOS being enabled is the usual cause of slow speeds.

Most turn it off.

I've turned Qos off for now. Speedtest showed consistent speeds between 280 to 288 so I'm happy there. Thanks again Carl. 👍

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @HVMan

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having some speed issues. 

Did you manage to remove the router to see if this makes it any better? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

All good thanks!All good thanks!