cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt upgrade speed not showing on speedtest

HVMan
Joining in

I recently got a Volt upgrade to 350mbs from 220mbs. I have a superhub 3, which I've hard reset and reset back to modem mode.

I cannot get it to download at any speed beyond what it did before, which was/is always about 218-220mbs.

Just how do I get the increased speed. Incidentally, the speed increase is confirmed on my account.

Any advice gratefully received.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Volt upgrades take 14 days to activate on the VM side.  Make sure the O2 and VM accounts are exactly the same Name, Address etc.  It may not work otherwise.

Also check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Volt upgrades take 14 days to activate on the VM side.  Make sure the O2 and VM accounts are exactly the same Name, Address etc.  It may not work otherwise.

Also check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Looking at my SH3 config details, it says at

Primary Downstream Service Flow, Max Traffic Rate = 402500089,

and

Primary Upstream Service Flow, Max Traffic Rate = 38500089

@HVMan wrote:

Looking at my SH3 config details, it says at

Primary Downstream Service Flow, Max Traffic Rate = 402500089,

and

Primary Upstream Service Flow, Max Traffic Rate = 38500089

So you have been upgraded.

Are you using a wired or wireless device?

Yes, the numbers seem to say so, but using Speed test by Ookla, I get 216 - 220 consistently. 

The test is done on my main pc, hardwired through an Asus RT-AC86U.

When a while back I went from 108 to 220, I had to contact Virgin Media via their God awful phone support.

Given, as the log shows, that the upgraded speed has been implemented, I'm not sure what else is stopping the download speed rising.

My router never had any detrimental effect when I went from 108 to 220.

• Any thoughts? 

Just done.Just done.

@HVMan wrote:

Just done.Just done.

Do you get similar speeds through your router's (ASUS) built in speed tester?

Via browserVia browserDirect in router softwareDirect in router software

Posted images before I typed words! Many thanks for your help, much appreciated. Seems like my Asus router is throttling the speed? Mind you it is Saturday evening.

When you get chance unplug the HUB from the ASUS, turn off the HUB, whilst still in modem mode, and connect a wired PC/Laptop. Turn the HUB back on and check what speed you get to the device.

The HUB WILL provide an internet connection to one device when in modem mode, however the reboot is required as it 'latches' onto the last device's MAC address.