cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt speed increase - how?

HornetUK
Up to speed

I've applied on my O2 account for the double data and received a reply saying it will be actioned within 14 days.  There doesn't appear to be any guidance from VM about how you are meant to apply for the broadband speed increase, does anyone have a link to any VM instructions for applying for their part of Volt?

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

wisedroid
Up to speed

Hello

Mine happened automatically. Initially I had to speak with O2 to get that side applied as I was getting an error before. About 5 days after the O2 ones applied I got an email from Virgin saying that they were sending a new hub due to my speed upgrade. A couple of days after that I got my updated contract details

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello HornetUK

Thanks for posting in regards to VOLT and your Virgin Media benefits.

There is lots helpful information here including a FAQ in regards to VOLT and setting it up.

Rob

Hi Rob 

I have already followed the link on the page you provided and completed the O2 account details as requested.  So it sounds like I now just wait for O2 to do their part and then VM to increase my BB speed? 

Thanks

@HornetUK if you don’t mind me asking, what speed are you on now and what model of VM hub are you on? They may not need to send a new model of hub to you, depending on your current speed tier, in any case it may take up to 14 days for the upgrade to work its way through the system. They will need to push an updated configuration file to the hub which will then reboot and you should then have the new speed. It wouldn’t harm to periodically reboot the hub (say once a day) as that can sometimes kick the upgrade into action.

If nothing has happened after two weeks then you might want to post back here.

John

Hi John 

I have a hub 3 and my speed is currently 350.  I've had the O2 email today saying all done, the mobile data is on the account so I'll wait and see like you say if VM speed increases too.

Thanks

xlesleyx
On our wavelength

Virgin applied mine around 5 days after my o2 boost went on. I didn't get any notification, it was just there when I looked n my account.

gordon861
Dialled in

From my experience O2 have been very quick at boosting my data allowance, VirginMedia however are a joke.

I got the email that my speed was being boosted a week ago.  I have been on M200 for years, but according to the account pages, I have been boosted to 200Mbps, I have 350Mbps, and I have an option to add broadband to my account.  Finally they are sending me a Hub3 with my new package to replace my Hub5 that they sent me two weeks ago.

My O2 one went through in few days, nothing from VM for 2 weeks, call them and they have no clue about Volt so I am struggling to get my VM speed increase!

Hi @HornetUK

Thanks for coming back to us. If you check your online account you'll see they have been applied.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill