cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt speed boost

Klonez
On our wavelength

Good evening,

I signed up for a Pay Monthly SIM contract with o2 in late December and saw that I would get a free data increase on my contract which was great but I have since been told that VM are offering people with an o2 contract a free speed boost on their broadband, is that correct?

I am currently on the 350mb package, checked my VM account and it is still the same, also restarted the router from the router portal and no change there. If it is indeed true, does this mean I would be put on a new contract?

I look forward to hearing from you guys, thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Klonez 

It can take up to 14 days from the date the O2 benefits start for the VM side to be added

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Klonez 

The information below is from https://www.o2.co.uk/help/virgin-media-o2-faqs 

I'm a customer of both Virgin Media and O2

Supercharge your world with Volt.

When you’re with both Virgin Media and O2, you’ll get supercharged speeds, data and WiFi. That means double the mobile data on every eligible O2 Pay Monthly plan in your name, in your household. A broadband speed boost to the next available level (if you aren’t already on the fastest speeds you can get in your area). WiFi Pods if you find any WiFi blackspots in your home and get Intelligent WiFi Plus. And O2 Travel Inclusive Zone, so you can go roam in 75 destinations.

You can check your eligibility and activate Volt benefits in My O2.

Find out more about supercharged benefits from Virgin Media and O2.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Klonez
On our wavelength

Hi newapollo,

I have already signed up for Volt and even received an email from o2 yesterday saying that my Volt benefits are now active but only my SM data allowance has changed and not my broadband. Volt shows as active in my o2 account.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Klonez 

It can take up to 14 days from the date the O2 benefits start for the VM side to be added

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Klonez
On our wavelength

Okay cool, I'll keep a lookout for any updates via email then, thank you.

Hi Klonez, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're still waiting on your VM speed boost. 

As mentioned above by newapollo, once you've signed up for Volt, it can take 14 days for both the benefits to be applied. This is because they are added separately by each company. Once your VM speed boost has been done, you will receive a text to let you know. 

If after 14 days of signing up, you still haven't heard anything, pop back and let us know and we can look in to this further for you. 

Speak soon, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs