cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt question

Spacebucks
Dialled in

So I saw today I am eligible to receive the volt speed boost as I’m with 02 as well as virgin. My question is I have an old superhub 2 and currently on M200. If my broadband speed increases for free with volt added will I get a new router as it’s my understanding that the superhub 2 doesn’t do speeds higher than 200? Any help appreciated. Thanks 

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

That should indeed follow given the 200 mbs limit of the hub 2. The "new" hub might be refurbished mind you. 

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Under Volt you get the next higher speed product, so it's M350 from M200. This requires a hub 3 or later.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Spacebucks, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear you're able to benefit from a speed boost under our Volt offer. 

As mentioned above, you would get a new hub to allow us to activate the speed boost. 

You will still need to join in the same way though. Just log in to your O2 online account where you will be able to opt in to the benefits. Once you've done this, O2 will apply the data boost to your SIM and we will reach out to arrange the new hub. It usually happens within 14 days for both sets of benefits to be applied however as you need new equipment, there may be a slight delay on this time. 

If you have any issues, or need any further help, pop back and let us know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for coming back to me. I have actually had my super hub 2 replaced now with a hub 3 as an engineer attended as there was a fault with my landline and he had to replace the hub 2 and connect the phone line to the hub 3, so I should be go to go for the volt speed upgrade to 350. I gather this is all free as have seen some talk on the forum where people got the volt benefits and then got charged extra. Thanks 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Spacebucks,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

The benefits of Volt should be free of charge as long as you are eligible. We would recommend visiting your online O2 account to review and activate the benefits. 

Please let us know how you get on 🙂 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Kath. I’ve now actually got a hub 3 as my hub 2 got replaced recently. I’ve activated the volt benefits via 02 about 5 days ago so do I just wait now to the speed boost? Thanks 

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for your reply Spacebucks, 

It can take 14 working days to active our end. If you cannot see any changes please let us know and we will do our best to assist.

Zoie

Hi thanks, still can’t see any changes as says I’m still on M200. If you can get it changed that would be great. My volt benefits have been activated by 02 a few days ago. Thanks 

Hello Spacebucks, 

So I can take a look into this for you.

I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L