cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt broadband speed upgrade

RichardDBlake
Tuning in

Has anyone successfully managed to get the broadband speed upgrade that a customer of both Virgin Media and O2 is entitled to under the 'Volt' agreement. I linked my Virgin Media and O2 accounts back in November last year and O2 honoured their terms by increasing my data package immediately. Virgin Media seem unable to honour their promise.

So far I have spoken to 8 different people at Virgin Media and the only answer that I get is that I will need to take out a new contract at an increased price to get the 'free' upgrade.

Any ideas on how I can progress this?

16 REPLIES 16

Hi Hayley

This is what I am finding unacceptable. In the email that I received in November about my eligibility for the Volt benefit and in conversations with Virgin Media, I was never told that I would need to change package and that I would lose the promotional benefit.

When the speed increase was finally implemented this week, again I was not told that the promotional price would not be honoured and I only found out when I received my new contract.

I have spent an hour on the phone again trying to sort this, and as I have been misled about the benefit I asked to be put back on my previous contract so I can get the price set back to what I have been paying. However, I was told that as that package no longer exists, I can’t be put back.

Therefore, I have been moved to a new package with financial penalties that I was not informed about and with no way of reverting once I became aware of them.

I feel that I have had £650 stolen from me and have been seriously misled about the benefits that are available as a joint customer of Virgin Media and O2.

I am not prepared to accept this and will continue to escalate until I get a satisfactory resolution.

Regards, Richard

Was about to call Virgin Media and ask for my Volt upgrade but having seen this thread it doesn't fill me with much confidence to do this. Even on the Volt benefit page it mentions nothing about promotional discount being removed and having to pay more, hardly a benefit. O2 have already provided my Data upgrade so not sure why it's been made so difficult. 

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @RichardDBlake,

I am sorry that this was not explained to you, did you raise a complaint with the agent you was speaking with? Also what would be a satisfactory resolution for you? 

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley

I did raise a formal complaint which was sent to a manager and then closed without anyone contacting me. When I phoned and questioned this, I was told that the manager did not feel that my complaint warranted an escalation or discussion with him.

Ideally, I would like the Volt benefit to be applied to my account (which it now has been) and the promotional discount that should be in place until March 2023 to be reinstated. As this is meant to be a benefit I believe this is reasonable.

If this is really not possible, then I would like to be put back on the same bundle as I was on as of 21st February under the same terms. I.e. with the promotional discount in place until March 2023.

Regards, Richard

Thanks for coming back to us @RichardDBlake and I'm sorry to hear that your complaint has been closed down without the team even getting in touch with you to discuss it further, having checked our system, I can see that a complaint is still open on your account and that the team have been in touch and arranged for this to be resolved.

Do you need any further assistance with this or are you okay with this going forward the way that your account is now setup?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Steven

I have not been informed that this issue will be resolved and nobody has been in touch with me since I last called on Friday last week to say what any resolution would be.

So, no I am not OK with the way that my account is currently set up. In my response to Hayley earlier in this thread, I answered the question on what I would see as a satisfactory resolution but not heard anything back on that either.

Regards, Richard 

Hi Richard, 

I'm sorry to hear about this situation. 

When you are just adding Volt benefits to an existing package, this doesn't affect your price at all. Your O2 SIM is simply updated and your VM speed is boosted to the next available tier. 

If instead you have chosen to change your package to a Volt package then this is something different and as it's a package change, the price would then be what was quoted. 

As you're unhappy with how the complaint has been handled so far, I'd like to take over this. In order to do that I need to pass data protection with you. From there I can look in to things and speak directly with you giving you one point of contact 🙂

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs