cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt broadband boost brick wall

ImReallyFedUpNo
Tuning in

I've just moved to Volt. My old Oomph broadband speed was M600 and my new broadband speed is M600. I have been trying to find out why. Several hours on the phone and on the chat app has not given me any answers. I have had to escalate this through the complaints web form but may take 28 days just to get a reply. When trying to get answers I was told twice that I should cancel my contract! I refused and this made them very defensive and they ended the conversation very quickly with no logic to their reasons. I can't believe contract cancellation is a genuine Virginmedia solution to my questions. But it happened twice on two different mediums. Has anyone else experienced this extreme solution method?

2 REPLIES 2

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

The problem is probably linked to the fact that that VM have run out of Hub 4's required for your broadband speed boost to 1 Gbps.  Or rather "stocks are low", and as is normal with VM, new customers get priority over existing customers.  Because VM operate under a "sunny side up" policy, they never admit to problems, so staff can't say any of this.

What can you do about this?  Not much other ask about cancelling and the retentions staff you speak to might then find you a Hub 4 (no guarantees on that).  Complaints often get fobbed off, so I'm not hopeful that will help you.  When VM manage to sort out stocks of Hub 4's then they might get round to issuing to upgrade customers who are in the same situation as you, how long that will be I've no idea - a couple of months seems a fair guess.

I hazard a guess the problem exists for you because of the combination of:

1) Global semiconductor shortage and logistics disruption (new supply of hubs is constrained)

2) An unexpectedly high take up of Gig 1 and Volt upgrades (more hubs needed than are available)

3) You're an existing customer (a second class customer in VM's eyes, so back of the queue for you)

Thanks for replying. What you say makes sense and I can only agree with you. If this was explained to me by Virginmedia I would have accepted this. But their unprofessional and unhelpful ways just gets my back up! The fact is that I am not really interested in getting a speed boost as their speeds are mostly fictional and makes no difference to my everyday use. But it's in their terms so my entitlement is important to me. So I will persevere and see how many more times I get advice to cancel my contract as a solution.