cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt benefits

Danatthelane
Tuning in

I received my doubling of data on 02 very quickly, yet nothing on my Virgin Broadband.  When I log in it says 'great news you've been increased' yet this is to what I had and was paying for already.  The next speed level (M350) is available in my area, so how can I get this applied to my account?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Danatthelane, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've not yet received your broadband boost. Once you have opted in to receive the benefits, it can take up to 14 days to go live. the O2 benefits and VM benefits are applied separately and one can happen before the other. 

Either way, once they are applied you'll be notified by text from both parties. 

If it's been 14 days since you applied, please pop back here so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Danatthelane, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've not yet received your broadband boost. Once you have opted in to receive the benefits, it can take up to 14 days to go live. the O2 benefits and VM benefits are applied separately and one can happen before the other. 

Either way, once they are applied you'll be notified by text from both parties. 

If it's been 14 days since you applied, please pop back here so we can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks Kath_F for your help on this one - all sorted now! 🙂

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for updating the thread Danatthelane, 

Glad our Kath_F was able to assist 😄

Zoie

Hi

I've been trying for over two months to get VM to sort out my volt benefits broadband upgrade and still not getting anywhere.

O2 confirmed my benefits back in November and received double data but nothing from VM. Have complained but still nothing!

I've been trying to get my volt benefits activated by VM for over 2 months and still nothing! O2 confirmed the benefits back in November and I'm getting double data through o2 but having real issues with VM. Was told back in November that it was done but it wasn't, tried a WhatsApp chat with VM and someone was going to call but they never did. Have a raised a complaint but no answer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Hi davidsellings,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to our community forum page. It's disappointing to hear that you've still not received our amazing VOLT benefits in full.

We can certainly understand the frustration this must be causing, especially as your benefits from O2 and the double data has already been added.

We would like to look into this matter further for you, so we can find out what is causing the delay. Due to this, I am going to pop you over a private message so we can investigate this further for you.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat. 

Kind regards Jodi. 

Quick update...

Thankfully after posting on here it seems like I am finally getting somewhere. So it seems to get the speed upgrade you need to be on a Volt package which is being sorted for me, so fingers crossed the upgrade will happen soon.

I don't think the Virgin Media Forum Team can assist in cases where an official complaint has been raised. Maybe another member will have a suggestion?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @davidsellings 

Sorry if my post is a little long winded.

Have you checked your online account via My Virgin Media at the top of the page to see if the contract has been changed to show the broadband speed has been increased?

If it has then try rebooting your hub and the speed update should be applied.

Depending on your current hub and the speed your broadband was going to be increased to there's a possibility that you would need a new hub as some of the older hubs can't process larger speeds. This may be holding up the speed upgrade if it hasn't been applied correctly.

If you were moving from either M100 to M200, or M100 or M200 to M350 then the current hub would be sufficient.

If you were upgrading from M100, M200 or M350 to either the M500 or M600 speed then  you would need a hub 3.

No matter which broadband speed you are currently on, if you were upgrading to the 1Gig speed then you would need a hub 4.

Please can you update your post to confirm in any changes were made to yuor contract, if so if a reboot helped.  Also going by the above whether or not a new was needed.

That will help the Forum Staff going forward.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali