cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt benefits. No speed upgrade.

SamSim
Tuning in

So after signing up to O2 I'm desperate for the Virgin speed increase but its saying on my account that I've received an increase but its to the speed I was already on. Anyone know why as I can't get through to speak to anyone 🙄

13 REPLIES 13

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SamSim wrote:

So after signing up to O2 I'm desperate for the Virgin speed increase <snip>

The VM VOLT upgrade takes 14 days to kick in, whereas the O2 upgrade is immediate.  Also make sure your accounts have EXACTLY the same name, address etc. or it will not work.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you! Everything is the same but neither have been updated as yet and I'm getting the message they have either been done already or I can't get Virgin in my area (which I obviously can) so I will wait for a while and hopefully it sorts itself out.

Hi SamSim,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

As Adduxi has mentioned it can take up to 14 days for the Volt benefits to be added.

Please keep us posted with how you get on.

Alex_Rm

I've had neither so far but it looks like my Virgin account has my postcode on it twice which is possibly the issue? I've no idea how to edit it though.

Hi @SamSim,

I can see you are liaising with my colleague John via PM regarding this issue so if you can follow up with him there for updates.

Best, 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Well it has now been over 15 days and I've seen no Volt benefits on either side and no idea what the issue is which is really disappointing. I didn't think it would be this difficult when I decided to switch.

Have you checked that your postcode will take the higher speed package that the volt benefit would provide? I went round in circles for weeks with Virgin via chat and it was only after calling someone there that they explained that I’m on the fastest package available currently at my property Postcode

I haven't actually I'd just assumed that as I am on the lowest available that I'd be able to get better but I will check thank you.

Hi @SamSim,

sorry that this still was not added for you. Were you able to check your postcode to see if you were able to take the higher speeds?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules