cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt and broadband speed upgrades not working

markconroy
Tuning in

Hello all new to the forum, I have just renewed my contract and upgraded from 200mb broadband to 350mb broadband.

I then took out a sim deal with o2 separately and neither speed upgrade is actually working.

When i log in to my account it shows i should be on 500mb due to the volt upgrade but speedtest shows 200mb a week after i renewed my account.

After the nightmare of trying to get to speak with customer services the gentleman on the phone said i had to call back in 24 hours as he could not access something but this is a week later.

I have reset the router quite a few times by removing the power jack and then letting it reboot but there seems to be no speed increase.

i'm open to all ideas and i am testing speed on wired connection with a pc

Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi there @markconroy, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you have been having issues with your upgrade, I can see from your post and our system that you have spoken with the team since your last comment.

If this is something you still need help with please let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM side of the VOLT upgrade can take 14 days to update.  However make sure your O2 and VM accounts are exactly the same name, address etc. or it may fail to go through.

Check the conf settings on the Hub. It will show what speed has been provisioned.
It's Configuration tab - Primary Downstream Service Flow - Max Traffic Rate.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply Adduxi, however i'm confused as 

A, The volt upgrade shows in my account but 

B, the original upgrade over a week ago has yet to be upgraded on my account.

But i will Ring customer services again this week.

Hi there @markconroy, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

Sorry to see you have been having issues with your upgrade, I can see from your post and our system that you have spoken with the team since your last comment.

If this is something you still need help with please let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi All,

The Speed has now come through, after a couple of days i rebooted the router and ran a speed test and all is good.

Thanks for your advice

Thanks for the update markconroy,

Glad to hear you're all up and running and have the correct speed. 

If you have any further queries/issues in the future, please come back to us through this channel.

Have a lovely afternoon. 

Kind regards Jodi.