cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt - Why am I not eligible?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Simple question that I will post on the O2 forum as well, as everything here seems to re-direct me to them.

I have been with O2 for at least 7+ years and Virgin Media (at the same address) for almost 6 years. Why am I being told I am not eligible for Volt?

1. Benefits are NOT active.
  2. It is over 14 days.
  3. There has always been broadband at my address. Irrespective of what O2's website says.

Thank you for your time.

5 REPLIES 5

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

is the O2 sim and your VM account in the same name - that seems to be the key not sure that the address matters as much

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I was in the same position, longstanding O2 and VM customer, bills in same name and address, and got the same response.  I replied to one of the O2 Facebook posts about Volt, and after taking a few details they said I am eligible and contacted VM.

My Virgin Media now shows that I have gone from 200 Mbps to Volt 350 Mbps.  The thing is that my actual internet speed has not changed, but I have a SH2, and I think I need a SH3.

My data allowances on O2 haven’t changed, but the email said it would take up to 14 days.  If they don’t change when the account next refreshes I will look into it.

Steve

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah Steve, the only difference I could find was my VM acccount had the word 'MR' before my name and my O2 one didn't! So in desperation I paid in advance while taking out the 'MR' part in my name. However when I go into my account details again, even though the payment went through without error, the 'MR' still remains!

Probably irrelevant, but you have to try everything! This is the one thing that was going to make me stay with VM. Such is life.

Everything is else is identical, acct details, address etc. I am currently working my way through a post about this on the O2 forum, but it is over 26 pages long and would be easier reading 'Lord of the Rings' standing on my head!!! Still no solution though, which is strange because O2 have always bent over backwards to give me the best CS possible. I just hope VM haven't reduced them  to their level.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Anonymous,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see you have had some issues signing up to the VOLT deal.

All details do need to match, otherwise it will automatically be rejected. Is everything active on O2's side of things?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, everything is identical. Name, Address, bank details... don't worry about me, I am using my phone as my  router now, so no need  for Virgin anymore. plus it saves me £51 a month! When my special offer finishes, it will be closer to £120!