cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Speed Upgrade

Steve_M
Dialled in

I had an email from VM two weeks ago confirming I have been upgraded from M200 Broadband to Volt M350.  My account in My Virgin Media shows Volt M350 broadband.  But nothing else has happened, the actual speed had not increased, and I don’t think it can with my current Superhub which is a SH2.  

I was expecting an email to arrange for a new Superhub but nothing so far, should I keep waiting or do I need to call about it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Steve_M, 
Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have organised a replacement hub to be sent to your home address and it should be delivered on Tuesday for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Steve_M, 

Thanks for your post and it's great to hear that your upgrade has gone through. 

You will need a Hub 3 and we can get that ordered for you 🙂 

Before I do this, I'll need to pass through data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Steve_M, 
Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have organised a replacement hub to be sent to your home address and it should be delivered on Tuesday for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

The Superhub 3 arrived as promised yesterday.  I had run my SH2 in modem mode with an ASUS router, but decided to try the SH3 in router mode.

It did not take long to get set up, and speed tests showed that I was getting at least the advertised speeds for the M350 package.  Or at least near the hub I was, it soon became clear that you do not need to move far from the hub for the speeds to drop off significantly.

The hub is positioned high-up in our dining room fairly central to the house.  I found that upstairs in the bedrooms the signal and speed were a long way down.  This was confirmed by the Virgin Connect app which thought the signal upstairs was ‘poor’, and remained so despite ‘optimisation’.  It suggested I would benefit from a booster, which I could have free as a Volt benefit, but these are out of stock.

So today, faced with family members complaints about the WiFi, I stuck the SH3 in modem mode connected up the ASUS router again. There is no doubt that it provides much better coverage and the speeds are still good.

I have now read that the SH3 has a reputation for its coverage not being great, but that the SH4 is much better.  I would be happy to try one!

It's not.... It may actually be worse!

Always use your own wireless kit - VM Hubs are capable modems but have always been pound-shop routers!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Hi @Steve_M

Thanks for coming back to us.

I am sorry to hear of the WiFi issue. This may not be the hub, it could be our system needs updating as seen a few recently that have been solved with an IT ticket. 

I'll PM you now to get some details and we'll go from there. Of course, if it's not the IT thing, I'll send you a WiFi Pod no issue.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I’m also having issues with my volt broadband upgrade.  Could someone kindly assist me.  It’s been over 14 days. I’m just looping between signing into o2 and signing into virgin.  

I had exactly the same, I had to chase O2 and Virgin several times.  Virgin upgraded my speed package but then I had to ask for a new Superhub as mine was a SH2, not capable of 350 speed. There seemed to be no process in place to deal with the Volt upgrades.

After my post above about poor WiFi coverage from the new SH3 I responded to a private message to clear security and was told the issue would be resolved within 3-5 days.  I heard nothing more so I have continued in modem mode with my ASUS router. 

Hi Steve_M

Thanks for your reply 

How are things looking now

I have check a few things from this end and its all looking okay 

Gareth_L

Gareth,

Can you help me with my Volt broadband upgrade?