cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Question

Pinind
Joining in

I've seen the O2 Volt deals and after a week I had the data jump on my O2 account but on my virgin account I have received nothing. No upgrade on speed or anything else. Also it says it'll be an upgrade on all contracts within the house. Does that mean my wife's O2's as well?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

daveo77
Dialled in

You need to phone Virgin Media after O2 have applied Volt to your account with them.

I did this today and VM upgraded my broadband to the next package up from what I was on (350M to 500M).

All they asked me to confirm after account security was my O2 mobile number.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

21 REPLIES 21

OdeToBeFree
On our wavelength

You're not the only one in that boat. From all the haphazard comments about how people are not getting the promised goods, be prepared to get nothing. 

daveo77
Dialled in

You need to phone Virgin Media after O2 have applied Volt to your account with them.

I did this today and VM upgraded my broadband to the next package up from what I was on (350M to 500M).

All they asked me to confirm after account security was my O2 mobile number.

Then VM seriously need to up their game, I spent an hour on webchat with them last night to be told "wait another 7 days". The messages are very very mixed from both sides it seems. 

Adrian_C
On our wavelength
Hi daveo77,

Were you getting any discounts on your original 350M contract?

Adrian

LeeRuss
On our wavelength

Hi have been on the chat with Virgin this morning top try get my speed boost applied (Currently on M200)

After being passed around to a number of agents that seemed to have no idea about Volt someone eventually seem to understand and came back to say it had been applied. For sure a few mins later it was changed and I can see I am now on the M350 package - previously M200

However on my account I can now see they are going to charge me £50 / month and previously I was paying £30.99 for M200

There should be no change to my payment right? Certainly O2 just gave me double data and no extra charge.

Anyone that has recently done this can you confirm if your month payment has changed or not?

Dasco
On our wavelength

I phoned Virgin yesterday after the Volt benefit of double data was added to my o2 number. I was told you have to call Virgin to get the broadband speed increase to next speed. I was already on M600 as was on ultimate oomph bundle which included a unlimited Virgin Mobile sim, I was in luck they have just enabled the 1 Gig service in my postcode. I have to wait for a engineer to come on 06/11/2021 to install new Hub4 and test speed. the new o2 unlimited sim arrived today which I will use in my dongle to create a hotspot to connect my car to.
I always call to make any changes to my contract and by some of the comments i've read of people using chat it never seems to work or they don't get what they think they are getting. If you can't make the person you're talking to hang up and start again you will get someone who understands whats going on eventually.

OdeToBeFree
On our wavelength

I had a lovely chat with one of the VM executive team earlier today.

If you're an existing customer and have o2 pay monthly and have enrolled via o2s app/website, you are entitled to the benefits for free, just call VM and ask them to turn it on. You don't lose discount, or have to pay or anything. Enjoy! 

@Adrian_C wrote:
Hi daveo77,

Were you getting any discounts on your original 350M contract?

Adrian

Yes and I still have my discount.

JDS71
On our wavelength

Hello, 

I'm in the same scenario where the person on the line had told us that we would be able to double our speeds for NO extra costs yet now our bill has been changed from £44.99 to £77 a month, I spoke to someone on Wednesday and he was trying to say the reason I bill is high is because the costs for removing 100M, adding 200M and apparently one of the reasons it's high is because one of our 2 discounts had "expired" even though on the bill it shows the exact discounts which will expire in December 2022; they just reduced the price of discount from £35 to £3. 

He said that he listened to our phone call and heard exactly what we heard and expected and claimed that a manager would be talking to us within 24 hours and no one called so I called them to speak to another operator to only have them tell me that nothing was noted then she attempts to give me a deal for £66? Why would I take a £66 offer when I was offered double speeds at £44.99 for no extra costs?