cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt M200 to M350 Upgrade. No speed increase

johnvrgin
Tuning in

I recently upgraded my M200 to Volt M350.  However I still get max speed of only 220Mbps.  I have tried resetting my VM router and rebooting that multiple times  ..but speed never goes above 220 Mbps (which was the speed for my previous package). 

I tried the support and they said it is NOT an issue unless the speed is below 180Mbps (50% below advertised speed)!!

Any suggestions?  It is a new contract still in the colling period ..should I terminate and go somewhere else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think I found the problem.  Since I was running HUB3 on Modem mode ..I had a Netgear NightHawk router to manage the WiFi and the rest of the LAN connections ..and it appears that it was throttling the speed ...and had to disable QOS ...now I am getting 400 Mbps !!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VOLT upgrade takes 14 days to take effect on the VM side.  The O2 upgrades are fairly instant.  However make sure the account names on both accounts are EXACTLY the same, or it will not work. 

To confirm the tier you are on, go to the Configuration tab on the Hub's status page, and the Primary Downstream Service Flow, will show the speed set for your Hub. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi johnvrgin

Thanks for posting. Have you logged in to your online account to see what speed you're on?

Thanks Adduxi for commenting you are indeed right about the timescales.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I think I found the problem.  Since I was running HUB3 on Modem mode ..I had a Netgear NightHawk router to manage the WiFi and the rest of the LAN connections ..and it appears that it was throttling the speed ...and had to disable QOS ...now I am getting 400 Mbps !!

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @johnvrgin, thanks for your reply.

That's great news that you appear to be getting higher speeds now following the upgrade.

Please let me know if you need any further help with this, but if not take care and all the best.

Regards

Tom_W