cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Benefits - Virgin Media apparently not available on my area?

Ratty86
On our wavelength

Saw the opportunity to get Volt benefits so activated the process through the My O2 app. Waited a few days and the data upgrade was applied on the O2 side.

However according to the system, Virgin Media is not available in my area, yet I have been a Virgin customer for over 7 years at the exact same address.

Surely being a customer of both companies was a prerequisite before my O2 benefits were applied?

How do I get this issue addressed?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Ratty86 

This is one of the issues that VMO2 are aware of - the info below is from

https://community.o2.co.uk//Introducing-Volt-the-new-supercharged-service-from-Virgin-Media 

"You already have Volt benefits, or can't get them in your area"

We've seen a fair few reports of this and we realise the copy isn't great and it's something we're working on and hope to improve soon to make it clearer. In the majority of cases with this we have seen that Volt has already been applied for (perhaps you done this via the My O2 app or contacted O2 or VM to apply it) and will take up to 14 days for the benefits to be applied. If after the 14 days nothing has happened, it may be worth getting in touch with our CS teams to check.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ratty86
On our wavelength

Thanks for the info.

I'll give it the 14 days and get back to them.

I just don't understand how the main criteria is to be a customer of both to get the benefits. Then when one is applied I'm told I don't have and even can't get the other in my area.

You would think the manual checks for both sides were done at the beginning then everything would roll out from there.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see what happens.