Menu
Reply
  • 4.43K
  • 297
  • 742
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
395 Views
Message 11 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350mbs and superhub 2ac

Bear in mind that people who are happy with their hub 3.0s hardly ever report this.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
  • 3.66K
  • 306
  • 1.07K
Dave_cq
Community elder
382 Views
Message 12 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350mbs and superhub 2ac


@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Bear in mind that people who are happy with their hub 3.0s hardly ever report this.


Anyone who is 'happy' with a Hub 3 probably doesn't have the intelligence to report anything!

 

 

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 8.57K
  • 877
  • 1.33K
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
367 Views
Message 13 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350mbs and superhub 2ac

My mate around the corner thinks it's the mutts nuts, perfect wifi all over his house and never any connection issues - he is a very "happy" Professor of Chemistry. How does he fit into your theory of "intelligence" ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 3.45K
  • 110
  • 410
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
362 Views
Message 14 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350mbs and superhub 2ac


@jbrennand wrote:
My mate around the corner thinks it's the mutts nuts, perfect wifi all over his house and never any connection issues - he is a very "happy" Professor of Chemistry. How does he fit into your theory of "intelligence" ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scientists_who_disagree_with_the_scientific_consensus_on_globa...

Middle of last year I helped this lady I know "fix" her desktop.  The problem was that she just forgot her password, but windows 10 had lots of options that kept her busy for weeks and she never did grasp really why it wasn't working.  To be fair, I think she's now in her 90's.  While it does give a slight giggle to deal with such things, she was a early coder for things like FORTRAN and COBOL.  There's a good chance that you could find some direct influence from her on your life.  Sometimes the roles people have had before don't prepare them for everything.  She still understands IF/THEN/DO's... Windows10 is confusing to her.  Imagine non-working Apps and features that are common these days, many people take incompetence in design to just be their lack of understanding.  

And a tenured professor of science probably doesn't spend that much time doing low-latency task (Gaming, tons of voice/video chat) to even see the issues with the Hub3.

 

All that aside.  

I was mailed a Hub3, and VM turned my 2ac off (Network Access Denied) about 4 days after my SH3 arrived.  I had no choice but to switch to it after it was received.  (I thought the puma issues were firmware fixed, ah well....)

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 12
  • 0
  • 0
dextrious5
Tuning in
351 Views
Message 15 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350mbs and superhub 2ac

No need to be insulting. 

0 Kudos
Reply
  • 8.57K
  • 877
  • 1.33K
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
348 Views
Message 16 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350mbs and superhub 2ac


@VMCopperUser wrote:

She still understands IF/THEN/DO's... Windows10 is confusing to her.  Imagine non-working Apps and features that are common these days, many people take incompetence in design to just be their lack of understanding.  

 


Do you think she would... "have the intelligence to report anything"  though?


--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Reply
  • 125
  • 0
  • 17
MikeRobbo
Dialled in
322 Views
Message 17 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350mbs and superhub 2ac


@Dave_cq wrote:

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Bear in mind that people who are happy with their hub 3.0s hardly ever report this.


Anyone who is 'happy' with a Hub 3 probably doesn't have the intelligence to report anything!


What is that supposed to mean?

I am happy with the Hub 3 performs and with my total package so there is no reason whatsoever to shout about it.

 

  • 3.45K
  • 110
  • 410
VMCopperUser
Trouble shooter
295 Views
Message 18 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350mbs and superhub 2ac


@jbrennand wrote:

@VMCopperUser wrote:

She still understands IF/THEN/DO's... Windows10 is confusing to her.  Imagine non-working Apps and features that are common these days, many people take incompetence in design to just be their lack of understanding.  

 


Do you think she would... "have the intelligence to report anything"  though?


Well, I guess there's too much of Dave's statement being taken literally.  There are a lot of people who will put up with sub-par quality and never moan about it (Or Report it as the case may be).  The view was a bit too simplistic tho I think.  Some people will be happy with the SH3, it will be more than ample for them in everything they need it to do.  For some people it's going to be garbage.

And once your Hub3 ships, Your hub2ac Will be automagically deactivated (Mine was!).. So If you don't reverse it before they cancel out the old 2ac then I doubt they'll add it back.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.
0 Kudos
Reply