Menu
Craigmccormack
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 350

I’m a new customer I have had the vip package,the main reason is for the internet speeds,the vivid 350 isn’t giving me even half the speeds it’s supposed to?? I get up about 20-30?? I wanted this package as I do a lot of online gaming streaming ect an the speeds are terrible any help I have had this installed for last two weeks with two boxes many thanks Craig 

0 Kudos
Andruser
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350

How are you measuring the speed?  If you're using any device on a wifi connection then you'll be measuring the speed available over wireless, not your connection speed.  Low end devices and/or weak 2.4 GHz signals will often see circa 30 Mbps speeds - try changing to the 5 GHz network and see if that helps, but you probably won't see anywhere near 350.  If you use a top end wifi device, connected on a strong 5 GHz signal, and with the channel width set to max you might see something over 200 Mbps, but even a decent mid market device probably won't exceed 90 Mbps on 5 GHz.

If you're testing via a PC connected to the Hub with an ethernet connection, then hold fire and wait for the Forum staff to get round to your post - can take up to a week, though.  Or you could take your chances with VM's awful offshore support call centres.

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craigmccormack

I’m really sorry to hear of these slow speeds. Are you connected wired or wireless when testing your speed? 

I've been unable to locate your account to run some checks so I’ve sent you a private message (purple envelope, top right corner) for some additional information to help me look into this further for you.

Kind regards,

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Craigmccormack
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have replied to your inbox but don’t think I should be giving you my account number an security info??? I don’t know you how do I know my information I’d safe 

0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craigmccormack

That's no problem. For further assistance you can give our team a quick call on 150 from any Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111.

Kind regards 

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Craigmccormack wrote:

I have replied to your inbox but don’t think I should be giving you my account number an security info??? I don’t know you how do I know my information I’d safe 

why not - the request is from a VM employee - how safe do you want it to be - but if you are not happy with that ring offshore and have fun

Tony
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Craigmccormack wrote:

Errrr... because (as it shows) he is a "Moderator" of this forum.  Or 150 is your friend.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Craigmccormack
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

As stated I’m new to this so I don’t know do i there’s so much online fraud ect going on lately I came for help not sarcasm obviously just  joining I didn’t realise anyone worked for virgin I thought is was just a form for help ect!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Heather_J
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craigmccormack, 

Thanks for staying in touch 🙂

To ensure we're compliant with GDPR regulations and to protect the security of your account, we do need to run through our checks. If you reply back to Ty and provide the info he requested, we would be happy to help. 

Have a great weekend, 

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Craigmccormack
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I have replied to inbox an waiting for response many thanks 

0 Kudos