Menu
agrassick
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 350 slow download speed

I have recently upgraded from vivid 200 to vivid 350, when I was on vivid 200 my download speed was 215Mb, now I have upgraded it's only gone up to 250Mb. Tech support are a waste of time asking stupid questions about my cables. I have explained i've worked in IT for over 30 years and checked everything it's not a network port or cable issue.

Has anybody else had similar problems with Vivid 350 download speeds ?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350 slow download speed

Is that a consistent 250  or variable with time of day? The latter would suggest excessive contention at peak times..

0 Kudos
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@agrassick wrote:

I have recently upgraded from vivid 200 to vivid 350, when I was on vivid 200 my download speed was 215Mb, now I have upgraded it's only gone up to 250Mb. Tech support are a waste of time asking stupid questions about my cables. I have explained i've worked in IT for over 30 years and checked everything it's not a network port or cable issue.

Has anybody else had similar problems with Vivid 350 download speeds ?

In answer to your question yes.
The last post I saw with this issue turned out to be the ethernet adapter driver.

If you actually want any help with this issue posting some basic diagnostic info would help. like wired\wireless, Hub stats BQM etc. As "working it IT" you should know how important a precise logical diagnostic path is, without referring to valid diagnostic questions as "stupid"

0 Kudos
agrassick
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Managed to get this resolved yesterday, the issue was somewhere in the virgin network. Wasn't told the specifics of the change but i'm now running at an average of 380M very happy.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi agrassick, 

Sorry to see the issues that you had here. Upon reading the post I can see the team managed to fix this for you which is really good to see Smiley Happy 

If you need anything again, be sure to pop over Smiley Happy 

Thank you. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos