Menu
Dgllew
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 350 not getting anywhere near full speeds

Hi i have vivid 350 broadband and im not getting anywhere near the speeds im supposed to, its averaging around 90-120mbps i've had this issue before and an engineer was sent out to replace the router as they said it was faulty, but recently its back to the way it was. i've taken some screen shots of downstream, upstream and the network log. Hopefully someone can understand what my issue is and help resolve it. Thanks. also im using a gigabit ethernet card with a cat6 ethernet cable

Capture20.PNGCapture21.PNGCapture19.PNGCapture18.PNGCapture17.PNGCapture16.PNGCapture15.PNG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Vivid 350 not getting anywhere near full speeds

Your downstream power levels are too low, the recommended range is between -6 and +10 and your upstream power levels are at the top end of their limit at 51 (a bug in the latest firmware is putting the decimal point in the wrong place).  When the power levels are outside the recommended range it can reduce speeds and/or cause the hub to lose connectivity to the VM network

This will need a technician visit to investigate and sort the power levels.  You can call VM and try to book a visit or wait for the VM staff to get to this thread and they can help you book a visit.  It may take the staff a few days to get to this thread.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dgllew
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.
Is that not something i'd be able to adjust myself through the router settings? if not i'll get on the phone to them asap and let them know whats been said on here about it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Dgllew wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
Is that not something i'd be able to adjust myself through the router settings? if not i'll get on the phone to them asap and let them know whats been said on here about it.

Unless the cable connected to your hub has an attenuator that can be removed, it is not something you can adjust.  It will need the technician to move your connection to a different tap with more power in your local street cabinet.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Dgllew

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community,

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues, I'll now send you a quick PM to look into this further, and if needed, book a tech. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"