Menu
Jacob977
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 350 - Speed Has Gone Bad :(

Hi all,

I have been receiving a really solid broadband service from VM, of about 270Mbps. Therefore decided to upgrade to the Vivid 350 package and my speed shot up to 370Mbps, this is great as we play a lot of online games.

However recently we all noticed a lot of lag when gaming or streaming video, I decided to test the bandwidth using a few different online bandwidth testers, and it had dropped to between 70Kbps and 120Kbps! I called VM and after 2.5hrs on the phone they said they were going to send an engineer out to look into the issue, for which they did try and charge me for but after my explaining that charging me wasn't going to happen they relented and sent the engineer the very next day, which is a very good service.

The engineer came to the house and tested the signal and agreed it wasn't satisfactory, but he wasn't able to improve it. When I got home from work I tested it again and it was around 200Kbps, and that has where its stayed.

The engineer said he would check in with me later that week to see if there had been any magical improvements but he hasn't called back. I don't look forward to calling VM and going through the same painstaking ordeal all over again!

If their is anyone from VM reading this, please can you have the engineer call me or send another more suitable/senior engineer to rectify this issue, and give me the service I’m paying for,

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350 - Speed Has Gone Bad :(

VM should not have said they will charge.. they never charge for engineer calls unless for something like moving your hub, or you had damaged something.

It will take a while to get a response from a VM employee here.. usually about a week. If I were you I would call them again, but select the 'thinking of leaving' option, so you get through to Retentions. They do more than just try to retain customers and they really do know what they are talking about.

0 Kudos
Jacob977
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response, I will call then again tonight.

They said that cannot help me as they had exhausted there specific team capabilities and that they will now need to escalate this issue to another team, that's when they said that to access this 'special team' I needed to subscribe to the service which they said was £5 per month.

Some sort of upselling, obviously I explained that all I wanted was for them to deliver the service that I was paying them for.

lets see how I get on with them this evening.

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Pay for access to a 'special team'.. never heard of such nonsense. Mention that to Retetions.. sounds very iffy to me..

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Jen_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jacob977,

I have tested your connection from here but am unable to identify anything that might result in slower speeds, either on the network or with the Hub.

Would you do the following please (on a pc or laptop that has a gigablt network card and is connected via Cat 6 or Cat 7 Ethernet):

This will be a good starting point and we'll continue from here.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Jacob977
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay I have been away.

Here are the result, shocking how bad they are considering when the service was upgraded for a while I was getting about 370.

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7638240285

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7638246789

http://www.speedtest.net/result/7638243994

0 Kudos
Jacob977
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

To add to the frustration I got an email from VM yesterday saying my bill would be increasing by £3.50....

vm.PNG

Highlighted
Jacob977
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone have any advise on this?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jacob977,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

Take care.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jacob977
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

All of this has been tried, please remember that nothing has changed on my side, it used to work fine and then stopped working.

I even spent hours and hours on the support line, then they sent an engineer out who agreed it was **bleep** and he said he would call back in two days to see if all was better, he never called back.

This isn't good enough and the thought of calling the service desk and having them ask me questions like 'is the power on' and 'are you using a CAT5 cable' makes my blood boil!!!

Please can you share with me an escalation email address to get some help from a team that know what they are doing,

Thanks.

0 Kudos