Menu
Highlighted
poppyjd
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 350 - Receiving a not so Vivid 30-60

Good afternoon! 

I've been with VM for about 7 months, and while my connection is solid with no issues on that side of things my speeds are just appalling when I pay for 300+

Speed test.PNG

Above is the result of a wired speed test. Using cat7 ethernet cables. 

The robotic advice I received on the phone was to acquire a wireless booster. But the wireless signal itself isn't the problem at all, and how would a wireless booster help my wired speeds? 

Photo 29-12-2018, 1 10 08 pm.jpg

Wireless speeds. 

I can't cope with another trip to the tech support team being spoken to like I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. The guy didn't even know what a wireless channel change was? I'm a broadband tech advisor myself. He didn't even mention that there could potentially be a fault. No forwarding of my details to a faults team or any further investigation. But I've never ever been able to achieve 300+ even on a wired connection. 

Not asking for the moon, just the service I pay bags of money for Smiley Sad Surely there's a minimum guarantee on the line. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Emma_E
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350 - Receiving a not so Vivid 30-60

Hi poppyjd,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to see you have had trouble with your connection.

I have taken a look and things seem to be ok from this side. It may help to try the following so we can rule some things out:

Pop the hub into Modem Mode with the computer in Safe Mode with Networking at different times of the day.

Try on separate devices.

Check Ethernet cable. Make sure it is new / up to date. (Cat 5e or above).

Make sure device is capable of agreed speed.

Check wireless card slide.

Take care.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos