Menu
BetterNameSoon
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 350 Only seeing 162Mbps

ive had Vivid 350 installed around 3 weeks now, it started off great running at the speed i was promised but now im seeing it drop to 162 and below. ive followed all FAQ and troubleshooting. not sure what else to do.

0 Kudos
BetterNameSoon
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 350 Only seeing 162Mbps

here is a speed test i just ran.

Screenshot_2019-05-31 Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test(1).pngScreenshot_2019-05-31 My Virgin Media.png

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is that on wifi or ethernet cable connected devices as well ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
BetterNameSoon
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

running wired connection, but i have done some testing i think the wire might be too long, it runs through the house. i tested my GFs laptop with a shorter 1M Ethernet cable. and saw the full speed 386Mbps. so its my wire running upstairs so since im still waiting on them to remove my "temporary line" the engineer threw in ill ask them to move it upstairs when they come

0 Kudos
Gary333
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Unless your house has multiple wings then a long ethernet cable isn't a problem as long as it's decent cable.

Have you tried plugging your girlfriends laptop in to your existing network cable to see what speed she gets? Maybe her laptop has a better network card / decent drivers. Mabybe your machine has old drivers or some other operating system problems.  

If hers has poor speed then replace your cable with some CAT6 and you will get the full speed so long as your equipment is capable. It's possible if the house was wired years ago it's only CAT5 (non "e") which if the above is ruled out can go over it's spec of 100mbps but not reliably.

BetterNameSoon
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

yeah same result on hers with the same cable as my pc. ill see if the drivers have an update and see where it goes. i did just order i think it was cat 7 cable from amazon ill see how that runs. i think the wire is only cat 3 ive had it a while now

thanks for the reply 🙂

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just use Cat6 cables

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
BetterNameSoon
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

thank you everyone for the replies! the new wire came today and this is the speed on my PC upstairs. cant  thank you enoough

cat 7.jpg

0 Kudos