Menu
tyger79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 200 not geting full speed

Im on vivid 200mb broadband only only getting max 90mb speed on a wired ethernet connection whats going on?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
griffin
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 200 not geting full speed

Are you testing with a gigabit ethernet device, wired directly to the Hub by CAT 5E or better ethernet cable?

0 Kudos
tyger79
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

when i first got upgraded to vivid 200mb i was getting around 200mb speed thats with the same conection i have now but now im only getting 90mb tops so i dont know whats going on?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is your device a Dell by any chance. If so, check to see if Smartbyte has been activated in a recent update. If it has - switch it off. If it isn't, is there any bandwith control software of any kind running unbeknown to you? Try a new Cat6a cable - they can "go off"! Do you have powerline adapters in the loop somewhere?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Moderator (Retired) Ty_S
Moderator (Retired)
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi tyger79

I've been unable to locate your account to run some checks so I’ve sent you a private message (purple envelope, top right corner) for some additional information to help me look into this further for you.

Kind regards,

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
tyger79
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

So i got a newer pc now and im getting my full speed over 200mb 🙂

My pc must of been too old so i wasnt getting over 100mb :s

my bad vm whoops

0 Kudos