Menu
Gandi69
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Vivid 100 speed

Having been upgraded to Vivid 100 (apparently should have gone live on the 14th of September at the latest) im still only getting 70 mbit outside of peak hours. Ive rebooted the superhub 3 as per the usual instructions but still no difference. Can VM shed some light and sort this out? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Vivid 100 speed

is that 70mbps over wifi or ethernet cable?  If wifi, what is it via ethernet ?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Gandi69
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

tested over ethernet. Nothing else using the connection at the time and tested outside peak times

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It can take a couple of days for it to kick in.  You should get around 110Mb download speed when it does.

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
Windows Update isn't rocket science - if it were, it would work.
Unlike Monty Python, spam is never off.
0 Kudos
Gandi69
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A couple of days being the best part of a week then?

considering I’m now paying for speeds I don’t receive sort of defeats the object of the packages. We should all just receive 50mb and pay a cheaper flat fee 

MrHalfAsleep
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I agree with the flat fee thing, but they could bump it up to 100Mb instead of 50 (fits in with marketing).

Call 150 (if you have a VM phone) and get customer services to check for you.  It can take ages for mods to get around to answering these posts.

--
No system is 100% secure
muzzzzy
Dialled in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Just to add to this.... I was on 150 mb and was generally getting the speed I paid for. Following the recent price increases ( and threatening to leave) I managed to get a deal and drop to vivid 100. This kicked in yesterday, since then I have been lucky if I get 50mb download speed! So it's pretty obvious that they can provide 150mb with no issues but not 100mb ? As I said early days but certainly raises a few suspicious questions in my mind.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Gandi69,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

Sorry to read you are having an issue with the broadband speeds.

When checking your line, there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F006524196 and has a review date of 28th November.

Outside these hours, are you testing the speeds whilst in modem mode? Are you using your own router at all?

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Wezza
Up to speed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I have the very same problem very rude Pakistani sales people and sarky line manger who you cannot understand and they do not understand what you are telling them so they get all sarky with you, Virgin are just full of excuses I'm paying for vivid 100 Optical Fibre and only pulling 71 megs so I'm bacisly paying for something each month I'm not getting but according them on the phone its ok pay yer money and lump it, Just full excuses like too near router, Then too far away from the router then use the yellow cable to connect my MacBook to the internet, Then my smart tv upstairs is just buffer buffer so then they blame a brand new tv for not working right and don't help me !

Then they tell me to move my router but only one phone socket downstairs utter useless so if you was on vivid 50 you would only get say 25meg, Full speed for the first month because your a new member then turn it down, And the phone line you use it is utter rubbish no help you cannot hear them just all the shouting in the background I think they need to retrain all the monkeys on the phones, I have only been with virgin 4 months and I'm thinking about ending my contract with them !
"Pay Peanuts You Get Monkeys"
0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Knows their stuff
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Speed is erratic at the moment; I'm only getting 3Mb upload, however I'm not really concerned since most of the time I get slightly better than advertised speed.   Since they're getting a lot more new customers I presume that's what the problem is.  Contractors round here have been digging holes and pulling large amounts of yellow cable, and folk have moved into some nearby flats.

--
No system is 100% secure
0 Kudos