cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin media slow download speeds

rarino5
Joining in

Hello I am a customer of virgin media’s 100MB/s download speed wifi plan, however I have never had over 1.3MB/s of download speed ever since I have started this plan 2 years ago, I can’t even get through to customer support I was placed on hold on their line for over a hour and 15 minutes and when someone picked up I said hello and they ended the call, if this is normal for others and you are looking for a virgin media review stay well away don’t give these guys anymore money their download speeds and customer service is horrendous!

3 REPLIES 3

wharfedale66
On our wavelength

There is obviously something very wrong if your broadband speed is so low on a 100mb service.  I'm assuming you are testing your speed via WiFi ? If so, I would suggest testing your speed via an Ethernet cable, that way you will get a better idea of your actual broadband line speed. 

WiFi has too many variables which may affect your speed test.  If your broadband speed is all good via Ethernet, then you can identify that the issue may just be related to your WiFi connection.  

Just something for you to test while waiting for the virgin forum staff to assist you further.

wharfedale66
On our wavelength

This also may help you  Boost wifi signal 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi rarino5,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have experienced with your broadband speeds since joining us, this is not what we would expect to happen. 

Can you please confirm what device you are running the speed tests from and if this is connected via WiFi or Ethernet cable?

Also, can you please confirm which Hub you have with us?

If the issues occur mainly when using WiFi, we would recommend using the link supplied by wahrfedale66 (thank you).

Please get back in touch and we will do all we can to assist further. 

Thanks, 

Nat