cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin gig1 installed today need wifi pods

teslapower
Tuning in

Hi,

I have just had gig1 installed, i tried to call customer services but staff are rude, 1 person put the phone down on me, the same happened a few times before when i called about info before install.

The person I spoke to said I need to wait a week before i can order wifi pods, then I can only order 1 per week, this means it will take a month before I can get all 3 wifi pods.

Already the virgin tv box in my bedroom shows as a warning on the router web app for the tv box.
The installer also stated I would need all 3 wifi pods due to the size of my house. He did say he will make a note on the account. I do need all 3 wifi pods, 1 for the family room, 1 for 1st floor and 1 for 2nd floor. To wait a month and keep logging on just to order pods is long.

What can i do to get them quicker?

16 REPLIES 16

Portery
Fibre optic

Nothing you can do sadly you can get the first one straight away as you are entitled to it. The 2nd and 3rd you would have to download the connect app to do the home scan.  When you receive the first 1 you have to wait 5 days for another because it can take upto 5 days for it to plume.  

Hi,

How do I get the first one because I have already called them and they have told me to wait 7 days to order one.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this
------------

it’s now called… Wifi Max see.-

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You can call  0800 064 3850 to order the first one - or follow instructions on that website - or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you

If you call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible and it will be £5 or £8 month - you are… and it wont be - just look on the webpage.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi teslapower, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you require a pod and that you've been unable to order one so far. I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

Hi Lee,

This is the issue. I have changed the password on my account however it still does not work.

Please ask another security question. Everything with Virgin is very awkward. You are just not a customer friendly company at all. I have been repeatedly fobbed off by your staff. I have had the phone put down on me numerous times and your staff have generally been rude. Considering I am on Gig1, I should be able to get all 3 wifi pods I need within a week, but the way I am being told it will be a month and 3 phone calls or logging on to your system which is inconvenient.

The installer said he will make a note on the account and also said I would need all 3 pods as my house is big. The situation with your staff is so bad that I have started to record calls. You are the only company that I know that uses my sort code as security. I only get 1 bar on my O2 sim at my house. This means it is useless. As a result of these numerous issues, I have written to the directors of Virgin Media so I guess I will just wait for the reply to my letters.

These are the people I have written to:

[REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

teslapower
Tuning in

I have received 1 wifi pod today with 2 ethernet connections.

I have ethernet going upstairs so would like to connect the wifi pod upstairs via ethernet, is this possible?
I have already tried and nothing happening yet but only just installed, i also see they may need activating!!!
which means another phone call to virgin's lack of customer service team?

the people i wrote to were deleted but can be found on companies house via this link which is free:

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/02591237/officers

teslapower
Tuning in

Virgin have also deleted the part where i stated why you ask customers for my bank sort code when

you are the only company I know that asks this for security!
There is no info here which needs to be deleted as personal but only as others will agree with me.

teslapower
Tuning in

Hi,

Decided to cancel as nothing has been resolved and have numerous issues.

My password does not work, It was changed and still does not work.
Can't see my CCTV due to virgin router, work around is modem mode and for me to buy my own mesh wifi syste which works out fairly expensive.
Will take a month to get all 3 Wifi Pods
Staff are rude and have hung up on me a few times, I very kindly asked if the wifi pods I will get have 1 or 2 ethernet connections - before I joined, instead of answering as they obviously did not know they start talking about something else (4 staff did this). I got 1 pod and it has 2 ethernet connections! I was messed around ordering wifi pods by 2 staff, being nice did not work only when I changed my tone did I get one ordered! It became evident virgin staff did not really know as much as they try to make out. They make out all cutomers have only basic knowledge.
I only get 1 bar on the O2 sim meaning it is totally useless, I was going to give a pac code to keep my number but will stay on the network I am on.
My messages were heavily edited on the forum, so what I stated would not be resolved.
TV is very poor quality and colours are all over the place. BT 4k shows little to nothing. Didn't get a chance to activate my netflix which I wanted to upgrade to 4K

I wrote to the directors, info can be found on companies house - free - unfortunately I don't have time to wait for a reply as it will take me over the 14 days cancellation and doubt all my issues will be resolved by then. Virgin delay to take customers over the 14 days, which should not start untill customer has all the equipment such as pods they need. I have put my cancellation in writing as I dread phoning them and am not getting a repsonse from virgin staff here.

I have kept my old system which is with EE Everything Everywhere. This is a mobile broadband system, A cheaper way to get this is by buying the router which is around £300 and just getting an unltd calls / data phone sim for £25 or 10% cheaper if you have a sim with them already. Using this I get around 300mbps down and 90mbps upload as I live in the sticks and am not in a 5G area otherwise speeds would be much higher. I also use a very cheap VOIP system as my 'home' phone for which I also have an app on my mobile so can answer wherever I amwhich also records calls.

I have seen a lot of complaints about the O2 sim / people not liking being forced to take it, I was fine but it just does not work in my house. I got the O2 sim a few days before the install date and have read some get it around 2 weeks before which is so virgin can take customers past the14 days cancellation - or so it seems. Help is not forthcoming. I do have good knowledge for networking so wouldn't need to take up too much of virgins time but they are just not customer friendly. Many issues are very similar such as cctv issues, O2 sim, wifi pods, staff fobbing customers off. If virgin resolved such issues they would have happy customers.

Shame but I am cancelling all my services and will cancell my direct debit and recall any money that has been taken as I really don't wish to deal with virgin staff anymore. Interesting they edit my posts but don't bother to contact me to resolve anything!!!!!!

oh well, back to my 300mbps phone sim.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Dont cancel the direct debit. After cancelling you will get a final settlement bill after 30ish days. If thats not settled the debt collection agents will come a knocking and they will black spot the credit rating - and that is a real pain to rectify

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.