Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin connect

I've moved house and downgraded my package to broadband only, I can't use the connect app as it states my account is inactive or closed, can this be rectified?

I have a 200 mb/s package but the wifi is woeful in one bedroom upstairs, on my android phone it speed tests at less than 1, and my laptop around 14, would a signal booster from Argos be any help?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin connect

Sorry to see that you're having problems with the virgin media connect app.

Are you able to log into 'My Virgin media' and check if your package is still as it should be and hasn't been downgraded?

If you have a poor connection, you could speak to the team and request boosters but they will be charged at around £3 per month, the ones at Argos will also work over our network but we wouldnt be able to replace free of charge like we would for the VM boosters.

Regards

Steven_L

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven

Thanks for your reply, I spoke to the help desk in the end, it turns out my old account at my old address is closed, so I will lose my email address.

So at my new home I have a new account, and have had to create a new email address, and with this account I can get VM connect. 

I have bought a TP link extender, and have paired it with the router, it gives mixed results, but definitely has improved the black spot.

Thanks for your help.

Richard.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for popping back with the update Richard, glad to hear there's been some progress here. If there's anything else don't hesitate to give us another shout. 👍 

Tom 

0 Kudos