cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Mobile ripping off existing customers!

deemy2017
Joining in

I get charged £57 fo rmonth for 200mbs and a phone

New customer get the same for £33!

What a rip off - cancelling today!

4 REPLIES 4

sophist
Trouble shooter

if you are out of your commited contract, just call up the retentions team and renegotiate your contract.  You won't get the same price as a new customer - that's just how these types of deal work - but you'll get a lot closer than you are currently.  VM want you in another 18 month lock-in, and they will be prepared to discount their services to lock you in again.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Everyone gets a cheap deal to start with. You will have got one yourself. It's the way utilities work.

Phone up and talk them down, or leave.  Your choice. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deemy2017 wrote:

I get charged £57 fo rmonth for 200mbs and a phone

New customer get the same for £33!

Its what you signed up to and agreed to 18 (or 12 months ago) - read the plan details and the T&C's. They will reduce it if you call in.

Screenshot 2021-09-07 at 15.35.13.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

give 30 days notice and wait for outbound to ring you - not guaranteed but they usually do see what they offer - usually better than normal retentions - its a one off offer - take it or leave it - it will be noted on your account but normal retentions will not be able to offer it if you say you want to think about it

Tony.
Sacked VIP