Menu
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media routing issues AGAIN

About an hour ago I was playing Overwatch when I suddenly got kicked from the server and couldn't reconnect. I switched over to my PC to check the Overwatch sub-Reddit to see if anyone else was having the same issues, but Reddit was also unavailable.

Switching to a VPN on my PC I could access Reddit and I found other Virgin Media users who had also got kicked.

After a couple of minutes, the issue seemed to resolve itself, only I have just got kicked from an Overwatch match AGAIN and sites like Reddit and Twitch are once again unavailable unless I use a VPN.

Anyone else having these issues?

0 Kudos
PhillipM
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media routing issues AGAIN

Same, been having this on and off for days.

Can't connect to twitch, discord, uplay servers, reddit, twitter, even these help forums occasionally, and the service checker just says "Hey everythings fine!"

THe odd occasion it does find a problem 5 minutes later it's back up.
It's been terrible for the past week.
scatterkeir
Up to speed
Message 3 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I've been having issues where I seem to be having a lot of trouble connecting to anything much, although certain popular sites like Google and YouTube are fine.

bram31
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Yeah same here. Even this page isn't available though virgin. On 4g 

scatterkeir
Up to speed
Message 5 of 55
Flag for a moderator

I'm getting this page okay on VM at the moment, but I had to use 4G to see it earlier.

PhillipM
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Same thing again from 2:48am to 2:50am
b2311e
Tuning in
Message 7 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Yes noticed this around 00:50 this morning and again about 02:00, about 10 minute bursts

Seems to be in relation to Amazon Web Services (or, rather, Virgin's routing to them)

ItsSushi
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Same here in Liverpool. Was playing GW2 last night as with the constant nationwide packet loss Overwatch is unplayable for me right now. I get kicked. Try to see the reddit for the game to see if others are having the issue. Will not load. Try the gw2 wiki, does not load. It fixes itself after 5 mins only to happen again 10 mins later and again for 3 more times in short succession. What's happening with the VM network the past few weeks? I can't play most things due to the packet loss and now a routing issue...
0 Kudos
cje85
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 55
Flag for a moderator

Did anyone manage to get a traceroute to one of the affected sites when it happened? That would show exactly where the routing issue is.

Someone mentioned Amazon Web Service but Twitch (despite being owned by Amazon) seems to use Fastly CDN as does Reddit.

0 Kudos
Sigma
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 55
Flag for a moderator

This has just happened YET AGAIN. wth Virgin????

I was playing Overwatch and there was 30 seconds to go in the match - we were definitely going to win - when 2 of my teammates suddenly left the game, then 2 seconds letter I was also kicked with an LC-202 error. Once again, a bunch of websites are also inaccessible, including Reddit and Twitch.

When I tried a traceroute to Reddit, all I got was time outs: -

TRACERT

This is absolute garbage and it's ruining gaming across multiple games. Can we get a reply from a staff member please? Thanks.

0 Kudos