cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Media and O2 (Volt) Registration Problem

Lamprey2603
On our wavelength

I have a new Volt eligible 02 mobile sim and new 02 account created in the same name and address as my existing VM account. However, when I try to register for Volt through my 02 account (double data on O2 and speed boost on Virgin) I get the below message:

"It doesn't look like you can get Volt right now.You need to be a customer of both O2 and Virgin Media to be eligible for Volt. Right now, Virgin Media isn't available at your address etc......"

I am a customer of both O2 (Mobile Pay Monthly sim) and Virgin Media (M500 Fibre Broadband) and both accounts are registered in the same name and at the same address and are Volt eligible.

Can someone please tell me what, if anything, I am doing wrong and more importantly how I can resolve this.

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From memory, there was a very similar post here a while back.  The names and addresses for both accounts, had to be exactly the same, right down to spaces and case sensitive.  Otherwise computer says no.

Might be worthwhile double checking?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Lamprey2603

Thanks for your post 

Sorry for the delay in replying 

Can I ask if you have had an update yet 

Like @Adduxi has advised

Both Accounts do have to be exactly the same name 

Gareth_L

Hi Gareth_L

As far as I can see the name and address are identical on both my O2 and Virgin Media accounts. CS at O2, contacted via Messenger, have passed the issues to their ‘Technical Team’ and I can expect a reply with 14 days. CS at VM, contacted via ‘Online Chat’ were even more helpful - they looked at the accounts and immediately applied the Volt upgrade and my broadband immediately went from 500 Mbps to 1 Gb. Let’s hope if get the Double Data applied by O2 within the next 14 days.

Hi Lamprey2603, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one so quickly. I'm glad to hear that the teams have been able to sort this out for you and you're already benefitting from the speed boost. 

Keep us posted on how things go with your data boost. If you need any further help on this, you know where we are 🙂

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

O2 have now applied my Volt Double Data benefit - I know have both O2 Double Data and VM broadband boost applied. Thank you CS at O2 and VM - getting my Volt benefits was ‘fairly’ simple in the end.

I’m sure that this process will improve as the VM/O2 merger settles this very welcome additional benefit into ‘business as usual’.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back and letting us know @Lamprey2603

We are always looking to improve so your feedback will definitely help with this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M