cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin Gig1 broadband

MHockenhull
Joining in

Recently upgrade to Gig 1 Broadband and not seen any improved broadband. currently wireless speed standing next to the hub of between 350-500mb. I had a Virgin engineer come to the house and he said that everything looked ok and i would not seen speeds of more than 500-600mb anyway and the the Gig1 broadband is more about capacity rather than speed. Is that correct or should i see speeds in the region of 1gb?

16 REPLIES 16

12 devices and speed of between 10 and 585m. i don’t have any devices that can use a wired connection

@MHockenhull wrote:

12 devices and speed of between 10 and 585m. i don’t have any devices that can use a wired connection

Ok, could you access the below section and check what the 'Channel width' is set to?

Can you set it to 20/40/80 if it isn't already set this way?

Thanks, yes that is how it is set

@MHockenhull wrote:

Thanks, yes that is how it is set

Ok, not much more I can recommend then to be honest, other than investing in your own router/mesh system, or wait for the HUB 5 to become available.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @MHockenhull, thanks for reaching out to us.

I'm sorry to hear about the broadband issues you've had recently.
After looking at the system I can see this will need further inspection.
I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope 🙂

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for Organising an engineer last Saturday Ilyas, The engineer could see there was an issue but could not resolve it. he called in a colleague and they both came to the conclusion it was possibly a problem in the road and called in an engineer to do an inspection yesterday. The engineer yesterday could not do an inspection as there was a car parked over the inspection chamber but did more tests in the house and said my broadband was fine and suggested i revert to 500mb broadband as i had mentioned the broadband speed was better then. I have not done this yet but i will do as the wi-fi speed i am getting is terrible. 

MHockenhull_0-1658871022879.jpeg

Hi MHockenhull, 

Thanks for coming back to us in the Community and confirming how things went. 

We're glad to hear the engineer's visit went well but sorry to hear it looks as though the cause may be external. The parked car is also unfortunate but the team will arrange to go back out at a later date. 

In terms of downgrading your speed, this isn't something we can help with via the Community however if you give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111, they'll be able to help get this sorted for you. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs