cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 1gb speed issue with TP Link Ax6000

Caistu76
Joining in

Hi,

Ive upgrdaed to 1GB service from 350mb. I always use the Virgin hub in modem mode and have a TP link archer AX6000 router.

At 350mb I had no issues getting full constant speed.

I have now upgraded to the Hub 4 and only receiving  anything between 400-550mb.

I have the Hub 4 connected from port 1 to the WAN of my AX6000. I am using wired connection and have Cat 6 cable thoughout.

My speedtests through my AX600 are very erractic but the max i will get is around 550mb.

I have gone back to basics and using the HUb 4 i get 940mb (max) no issues.

Therefore my router is the issue and I must have a setting wrong in my router which is limting the speed.

Any ideas what I am doiing wrong or settings I need to change to get the full 940mb?

My AX600 is set to Dynamic IP, IP set to 192.168.100.1

Any help wold be greatfully received.....

5 REPLIES 5

Caistu76
Joining in

Ive now actually resolved this myself by going on the TP link router website.

The QOS is seto a max of 600mb, I hads to manaully chnage it in the router settings to 1000mb. all is now good.

Was driving me mad mind....

Brilliant - Nice work!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

Just a note about QoS. For it to work properly, you should set it lower than the max down/up speed, usually between 85-95%. Also, with 1 Gb down, you most likely don't even need to have QoS enabled.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node

To increase my knowledge; may I ask why that is?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

I don't know the full ins and outs of QoS, but you set it lower than the speed you actually achieve, so it has headroom to allow its algorithm to figure out traffic priority. If you set it too close to, or to max speed, it doesn't have the headroom to work properly, which can cause it to perform poorly and have an adverse affect on your experience.

SH2 modem mode | AC86U router | AC68U node