Menu
Chris34731
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Very very slow broadband speed - area 20

Had my broadband in for about 3 weeks and installed it myself (used to be an engineer for virgin media everything was still present and a mate of mine gave me the hub to do it myself) first 2 weeks it's been fine. Over the last 5 days it's been absolutely terrible down to 15mb and drop outs on my son's Xbox which is hard wired to the hub. My misses moan's Instagram runs slow and half the stuff won't load soon as she turns off WiFi and goes 4G it works straight away so this isn't an Instagram issue.

Downstream levels where high and upstream too low but have since been altered with a wideband attentuator but the problem is still there and the brosdband is running crap never had any issues like this with my sky fibre

0 Kudos
Chris34731
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very very slow broadband speed - area 20

Screenshot_20190129-190158.png

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, but if you are an ex-VM engineer and you cant fix it yourself, then you need to call it in as a fault and get a VM employee to check it out at their end for you.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
mdbray66
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Capture.PNG

i'm in area 20 and have just upgraded from 200 to 350. can you guess on which day i upgraded??

0 Kudos
Chris34731
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So I take it someone from Virgin doesn't want to reply to this ?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

They will eventually, but if you want it attended to promptly you'd be better off phoning it in as advised.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Chris34731

Sorry to hear of the broadband issues but thank you for posting this on the forum. Are the speeds effected over a wired connection also? We have these WiFi tips  virg.in/wifihelp available to help boost the signal strength and range.

Over the last 5 days have you called and spoken to the technical team to get this looked into further? If so, what have they advised?

Rob

0 Kudos