cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow upload speeds - problem NOT solved!

JohnG59
Tuning in

After 5 weeks of almost non-existent upload availability (constantly below 1Mbps, usually only around 0.1Mbps) the fault was apparently solved yesterday. I had 1 day of service at expected standards, but today speeds have crashed again and I have no useable upload service. Download is bad too, at around 40Mbps rather than the M100 service I pay for. Why can VM not fix a fundamental service failure after over a month?

5 REPLIES 5

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JohnG59

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Just to check, are you achieving the 40mbps speeds via wired or wireless at the minute?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Travis. After a few days away for work I have returned to find my service up and running again. I am getting close to 10Mbps upload speeds (and upstream QAM is back to 64), and download speeds vary between 80 - 100 Mbps, but usually around 85Mbps. This is on a fast PC directly cabled to the Hub. So, upload seems to have been fixed (if this holds this time around) but download is still usually (but not always) some way short of the 100Mbps mark.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are you sure that no other services or devices are sharing the broadband when you do those speed tests?  Tests are best done with the Hub in modem mode and the PC in safe mode.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

The Samknows tests show speeds to the Hub usually in the mid-80s (although latest just now shows 92.6Mbps). Speed from the Hub to the PC are fairly steady at around 112Mbps. No other devices using the network at this time. I have not tried switching to modem mode as I want to be using the Hub as my router and so that seemed the right thing to be testing. Thankfully, upload speeds from PC to Hub, and from Hub to VM, seem to be steady around the 9.9Mbps range.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JohnG59,

Thank you for coming back to us in regards to your speed issue. We're happy to hear that your speeds are looking a lot better,

Please let us know if you experience any ongoing issues with your speeds going forward, we're more than happy to look into this for you further if needed.

Thank you, 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs