cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow upload speed after work done on local network. Cambridge

predgington
Tuning in

Recently had texts from VM saying work would be done on local network and to expect disruption. Luckily only one very short period offline. Then got a text to say work had been completed but we now have an awful upload level. We have the 350 fibre package but are consistently getting under 2Mbps on upload.

predgington_0-1629535026549.png

Speed test done on a wired connection and have rebooted the modem and our separate router. Recently did have connection issues and had a VM engineer round who replaced all of our out of date filters etc followed by extensive testings so I do not believe the problem is at our end.

15 REPLIES 15

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @predgington 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for reaching out to us,

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issue with your upload speeds. 

As a few days have passed since your last post, are you able to give me a brief update as to how things have been looking since? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Not so good as it appears to be an ongoing problem (see other thread I started). Up to full speed upload at times yesterday but back to slow again today. Still getting the recorded message about still having problem when I call 150 so hopefully will be fixed at some point, though less certain about following that with soon.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry about this @predgington. Looking further into it today I can see there's a known issue with SNR in the area that's currently estimated to be resolved later on today. 

If you're still having issues by tomorrow please let us know and we'll check for an update/take further action as needed.

Tom 

No improvement (or text confirming any fix) at the moment so I continue to live in hope, if not expectation.

Still no change. 16 qam on 3 channels and 32 on the other.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Sorry for the delayed response here @predgington - checking this today, unfortunately the estimated fix-time has been pushed back until 31 AUG 2021 09:00.

Hopefully there won't be any more delays. Please get back to us again for updates if needed. 

Tom