cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very slow speeds on Ps5

NickWba20
On our wavelength

I'm paying for 500mb at 45 quid per month for broadband alone! When downloading my games via ethernet I get varying speeds. Before this week I would download games at 60 mega bits per second which is what I should be getting yet this past week my speeds are all over the place. I've just watched a game download it's gone up in 40mb/32mb/60mb then up in one and twos per second. I'm hoping this is just a result of bank Holiday weekend but its seriously getting annoying now. 

8 REPLIES 8

Richw1982
Rising star

What are your other devices getting using Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test or https://www.samknows.com

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Via the speed test app on my phone I got

Test 1 : 365 download 

Test 2 :  508 download 

Test 3 :  407 download

I conducted 3 tests on the speed test app via my phone a hour ago and the speeds were around 300.

A problem me and my partner have just come across aswell is I was playing a game with the ping displayed at the top she was downloading a game. Normally my ping on said game is around 20-30 but tonight it's been around 90. Its never that high. 

Laurie_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi NickWba20,

Thanks for getting back in touch. I've been able to locate your account using your Forum details, and I can't see any issues showing on your account. All of your power levels look to be within specification, and there aren't any known issues or outages in your area. How have things been with your connection over the past few days? Are you still seeing issues?

Kind regards,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team

It seems fine up until about half 4 when it really starts to vary in speed. 

Could be a congestion issue!

Set up a BQM

This will monitor the state of your connection and record any network dropouts etc - You can do this at ThinkBroadband (https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality)
Give it a while to gather data and then click 'Share Live graph' and paste the 'Direct Link' into the forum!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

It's now going up in 30s if not lower. I've never had this problem before even during the lockdowns when network congestion would of been worse. This is ridiculous. When you say Congestion do you mean on virgins end or playstations end? 

9ff33769eb39c48bd1fd3ac6491fb6565be6c501-03-09-2021.png

 does this look OK? 

Hi @NickWba20 thanks for getting back to us.

I am sorry to hear you're having slow speeds on your PS5.  I have located your account from here and cannot find anything that would explain the issues you're having.  Is this issue impacting your connection speeds with PS5 only?  

Regards

Lee_R