Menu
Westbury
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Very slow internet after area fault

I live in the PO4 postcode area, yesterday the internet dropped out for 12 minutes and upon checking the status page, it showed there was a known fault being actively worked on. However, since the internet has come back, my download speed has tanked. Prior to the drop out, it was consistently at 370 Mbps download, 38 Mbps upload. Now it's swings between 0.7 Mbps and 8 Mbps download, but upload is still at 38 Mbps. The status page shows green across the board, however, calling 0800 651 0061 is saying there is an "intermittent fault in the area", which I am tending to believe.

Couple of questions:

1. Can someone from VM get the website updated to reflect there is a known issue in the area? 2% of the bandwidth I should be getting, doesn't count as "working" in my eyes. 
2. Does anyone know whats wrong and more importantly how long it's going to take to fix?

Thanks,

Adam

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Very slow internet after area fault

If the 0800 is saying intermittent fault - then there probably is. I always fine that it gives the most up to date info. See what the connection is like when that and the status page both report "no issues". Always worth a reboot or pinhole resetting the Hub after these issues.

A VM person can comment here but it will take a day or two.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Westbury
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply jbrennand. I thought the 0800 was more reliable, but just wanted to add weight to the voice saying it would be good if the website kept up to date too.

My latest call reported that there are now no faults in my area. Took a couple of reboots and factory reset, but it appears to have been resolved. Typical, the moment I post on here, it gets resolved.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Westbury wrote:

Typical, the moment I post on here, it gets resolved.

That's the magic of these fora 😎

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos