Menu
Ninnut85
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Very slow BB speeds over the past few days

I'm on VIVID 100, not sure what is happened lately but my BB speeds are shockingly poor. Only happened a few days ago but have been slow ever since. I've done all the usual stuff Virgin recommend but hasn't changed a thing. My upload speeds are currently faster than me download speeds! Speeds are similar on a wireless and a wired connection.

I work from home and this is having a huge impact on my ability to work. Please can this be looked into ASAP as i'm getting fed up with it now

These are the kind of speeds i'm getting at 16:00pm. I've tried on various devices and they all report similar results. downstream.PNGUpstream.PNGnetworklog.PNG

Speedtest.PNG

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very slow BB speeds over the past few days

SNR is low on a couple of channels. Give them a call and get someone out to take a look.

Dave

"The late great Douglas Adams: A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Ninnut85,

Thanks for taking the time to post on the community.

My apologies you are experiencing slow broadband speeds.

I've taken a look into this and as DaveM mentioned, the Modem SNR is low. For this I can arrange an engineer appointment to check this over and have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, right corner) with some details for you to confirm please.

Also there is a high peak time traffic fault in your area which is causing slow speeds. The reference number is F005147739 and has a review date of 14th November.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ninnut85
Joining in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, i've replied with the requested details in the PM.

With regards to the peak time issue, on average i'd say my download speeds are worse during the offpeak time rather than on peak. The tend to go up slightly during onpeak times but i'm still getting no where near 100mbps no matter what time.

Below are screen shots of tests i've have run at random points over the day for the past few days.

Screenshot_20180912-114420.pngScreenshot_20180912-114427.pngScreenshot_20180912-114440.pngScreenshot_20180912-114447.pngScreenshot_20180912-114453.pngScreenshot_20180912-114458.pngScreenshot_20180912-114503.pngScreenshot_20180912-114513.png

0 Kudos
Ninnut85
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Good morning,

I was informed that the fault in my area was due to be resolved by mid Novemeber. Around this time things did seem to get a little better (Not the speeds I should be getting, but better than I was, around 50mbps) However , recently it has gone back to how it was before. Only getting between 1 - 10 mbps and very very unstable. The internet just drops anything from 1 - 20 times a day and I have to wait around 5 mins for it to come back on. This is very annoying when working from home.

Can you confirm if the fault in my area has been fixed or if there is a new ETA? If it has been fixed, can it be investigated why i'm still getting shocking speeds and disconnects

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Samantha_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Morning Ninnut85,

I appreciate you posting back here.

I've taken a look at the fault ticket and the review date has changed to 23rd January. As this is a review date it can be subject to change.

Apologies for the delay and inconvenience caused.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Ninnut85
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Samantha,

Thank you for getting back to me. How do I go about getting a reduction in my bill? If the fault is still present surely I shouldn't be paying full price for something that isn't being provided.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Run "Don't dawdle!" to UK Retentions (aka "Thinking of Leaving us") and quote the F00 ticket and the forum updates to attempt to backdate to the Revu date change...... Typically CS will exclude the first 24 hrs and only pro-rata compensate from when you "rang in".....

Don't expect a big Xmas windfall....... unless you have SamKnows 24x7 monitoring then difficult for you to objectively measure/illustrate . your "partial loss . of service" so you'll probably find their IPDR/CMTS stats based compensation ratios somewhat insulting?

EDIT: I shouldn't suggest this but  since you  still appear to be provisioned via legacy (Super)Hub 8x4 D3 connectivity then it may be prudent (as . part of your CS/Retentions negotiations) to request a free Hub3 24x8 D3 upgrade as part of compensation perhaps? Smiley Tongue

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
Ninnut85
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello, can you confirm if this fault has now been resolved? My speeds are still looking pretty poor to be honest.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Ninnut85 wrote:
Hello, can you confirm if this fault has now been resolved? My speeds are still looking pretty poor to be honest.

Belated Happy New Year -  while you/we're awaiting L2/ForumTeam update on your FaultTicket - how did your negotiation with CS/Retentions go with your "loss-of-service" compensation?

Meantime might be helpful to update your Hub stats?

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos