cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very low speeds

bitsandpcs
Fibre optic

I have been on 1GB speed broadband for about 4-6 weeks now and have been monitoring the speeds using Samknows speed checker and realspeed and the pic below is the best i have ever got.

bitsandpcs_0-1649354266104.png

When testing i turn off all wifi and only have my laptop connected on CAT6e cable, my laptop is about 4-5 yrs old so should be able to get somewhere near the 1GB speed. Can an admin investigate this at VM end please? Very disappointed 😣

16 REPLIES 16

Hi bitsandpcs,

That would be great 🙂

Do let us know how the visit went and if we can help further.

Beth

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response bitsandpcs,

Welcome back to the community!

I'm glad there has been an improvement with the tests, currently I can't see any readings that would attribute to speed implications. 

How is your service now? 

Thanks,

Kain

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies also,

We currently don't have any Wi-Fi 6 extenders at present.

Thanks again,

Kain

@Kain_W The speeds have improved and on average about 900, but on the down side I am unable you use the WIFI pods i have from VM which means the wifi isn't as good as before. Is there any truth in that the pods are being tested with the Hub 5?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @bitsandpcs,

We're working on making the Hub 5 compatible with our Intelligent Wi-Fi Pods and this will be available soon but in the meantime you'll be able to grab a Powerline Booster if you need to extend your Wi-Fi in your home.

Here is a thread on our Hub-5

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

@Hayley_S if you can sort me out a free power line to tide me over until the pods work with the Hub 5 yes please?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bitsandpcs

Thank you for the reply!

I'm going to drop you a private message now to confirm some more details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs