Menu
SirThomas
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Very high latency and reduced speeds...

Hello chaps,

For the last couple of evenings I've been seeing this peculiar activity..

At the same time 6:45/7pm the BQM plot shoots up and my latency also shoots up to a (strangely stable) ~115ms which is rather unpleasant. Back to normal by bedtime/11pm-ish.

Nothing noticeable on the modem, the levels seem ok (and don't change around the time of the issue) and there is no dramatic increase in LAN traffic at this time (upload in particular) that would cause this.

Any ideas?
Tom
My Broadband Ping - Hub 2ac RouterMode

2017-03-23_20-10-22.png

0 Kudos
Wesson1989
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very high latency and reduced speeds...

i am also getting this issue im based hampshire area exact symptoms ur describing
0 Kudos
SirThomas
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How queer. Havant PO9 here.

Perhaps a VM staff member can offer some insight into this?

Tom

0 Kudos
Wesson1989
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

fareham po15 here
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi there SirThomas,

Thanks for posting Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about your connection problems. I've tried to investigate this but your Hub is currently offline. Do you usually turn it off in the nights? If not, we might have a fault on our hands. Please get back to us so we can investigate further and if you usually turn it off, please leave it turned on.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
SirThomas
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It's back online now.

Typical that! - It's the first time I've turned it off in weeks, but just had to tidy up some cables around the modem (so I turned it off) Smiley Happy

It's all locked on now if you want to check it over... Looks like the same issue with latemcy and high spikes on the BQM are present!
0 Kudos
Nigel_F
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Following, as I have the same issue (also PO9)

0 Kudos
SirThomas
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Still getting the same issue here. Latency at a rock solid 115ms out to 8.8.8.8 (for example)...

Can't say I'm particularly chuffed with the drop in speed, either! Smiley Indifferent

My Broadband Ping - Hub 2ac RouterMode

Tom

0 Kudos
Nigel_F
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Did VM check your router? (not that it is your router as we are all seeing the same). I am getting very slow loading all evening, every evening. The graph suggests that VM are running the network over capacity, but that is odd as it suddenly started, like something in the network broke.
0 Kudos
SirThomas
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Nigel_F wrote:
Did VM check your router? (not that it is your router as we are all seeing the same). I am getting very slow loading all evening, every evening. The graph suggests that VM are running the network over capacity, but that is odd as it suddenly started, like something in the network broke.

Nope, nothing yet. Really bad this evening and it's affecting my speeds now (just added a speedtest.net grab to my last post).

Even with high contention you wouldn't expect to see increases in latency - It's a network fault somewhere.

I'll give it until tomorrow evening and if not fixed, call them directly. This is getting silly.

0 Kudos