cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow speed

NickyJones
Tuning in

Since yesterday evening i've had very slow speeds (.5Mbps) compared to my normal 100Mbps. Had a web chat yesterday who mentioned there was a problem in the local area that won't be fixed until 9/9/21 which seems like a long time. Also mentioned theyd send an engineer over if its not working by this morning which it isn't.

Phoned 0800 561 0061 which said there was a complex issue but the website search says there isn't which is confusing. Heard on here the phone service status is more up to date so is the phone diagnosis right? 1 week to fix a problem seems like a very long time.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 0800 number gives the most up to date info.  Fix times are estmates only - if its a complex issue - like the one below then you may appreciate why that is and can be a long time.

VM Cable being repaired.png

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi NickyJones,

Thanks for your post and a big welcome to the Forums. It's really great having you on board with us. Apologies to hear about the issues you have been having with your connection.

Checking your account, there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• Fault reference number: F009252342
  • Estimated fix time: 09 SEP 2021 11:00
  • Description: Status report || You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

I have made a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected but due to the nature of the fault, there will be times where your power levels are out and slow speeds as well as disconnections may happen. 

For now, I would advise to connect via an ethernet cable where possible to make the strongest connection but once the fault has been resolved, if you are still having issues, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thank you, all sorted now 🙂

Glad to hear that your issues have now been resolved @NickyJones.

Please do let us know here, if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L