cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Upload Speeds

MTP_mad59
Tuning in

Hi,

For the past couple of days we've been experiencing very slow upload speeds which is making any sort of browsing/streaming incredibly difficult and very unreliable.

Normally hub is run in modem only mode with Asus ZenWiFi AX behind it, however for the purposes of finding where the issue lie, I've done a 60 second reset with no LAN cables attached and it is running in it's stock configuration.

No other changes have been made since the last engineer visit about 6 years ago.

I'm reaching out here hoping a Guru can get the ball rolling on a fix.

Other things I've tried so far:

• Speed tests - Up speeds seeing results between 0.01Mbps and 0.15Mbps (expected is mid 30s) - No issues with down speeds as results are between 150Mbps and 350Mbps.
  • Checked service status - No issues affecting Broadband or Phone
  • Checked all accessible COAX connections and ensured they are finger tight.
  • Started a BQM through Thinkbroadband - Home Virgin Router Mode - Shows an unusually high amount of packet loss.

Thanks very much for looking into this!

17 REPLIES 17

No one from Virgin has responded and I am unable to connect with technical support on chat because Virgin apparently is 'not accepting any more messages right now'. Can anyone from Virgin Media please help?

Hi Yogster,

It turned out to be a network issue and not isolated to just us.  It eventually took 12 days from the day that I started this thread to be resolved by VM engineers.

I think it will be best for you start a new thread and wait for one of VM's forum staff to contact you, in my case it was 4 day's later.  Otherwise continue to try by phone.

On a side note, whenever I reached out for updates, they got back to me within a few hours.

Thanks for the update MTP_mad59, we're sorry for the delays in resolving this but are happy to hear this is now the case. If you need us in the future please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob

Hello Yogster,

We're sorry for the delays in getting back to you in regards to the service issues experience with your broadband, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

We can see you have called and spoken to the team since posting and been advised of the SNR (signal to noise ratio) issue in your area at present. The engineers are working on this to fully resolve it as quickly as possible.

Rob

Hello Martin . im experiencing the same issue like the other client with very low upload speeds of under 1 mb/s . the download speed is normal over 500 mb/s. I have this issue for a week now i restart the router a couple of times but it doesnt solve my issue

Hi danielavalentin, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you're having poor upload speeds.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.
Regards

Lee_R

hortherky
Tuning in

Hello, I am having the same issue with upload speeds at 0.5mbps on the gig1 package. Download speeds are also a lot slower than they should be at 600-800mbps but upload speeds are unusable atm and stopping me from basic video/voice charting and work calls. 

please help resolve this asap. 

Hey hortherky, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

I have taken a look at our side and I can see everything is looking great and no major issues are showing on our side.

How has it been over the weekend? Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?