cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Upload Speed

garrycav
On our wavelength

Hi,

For the past week my download and upload speeds have fluctuated hugely.  My upload during the day is very slow, anywhere between 0.2Mbps and 1.2Mbps.  I'm trying to work from home and the upload is dropping conference calls etc and making it very difficult to work.  This is both on wired and wireless connections, I've complete a hard reset of the router etc.  I used the help messaging and the only response I got (after 24 hours) was to hard reset the router which I'd already done.  No further replies.

I've called VM 4 times, disconnected after 30+ minutes 3 times and finally got through to someone.  They told me I had received a speed upgrade and to complete another hard reset of my router.  I did say that I was dubious that this would resolve the issue but completed nonetheless.  Still the same issues during the day.  It's fine first thing this morning but I know that come 9am it will slow to a crawl again.

Is this a backend capacity issue within VM or a localised issue?  I'm in the Cambridge area.

Thanks

114 REPLIES 114

Hi tholliday1,

Thank you for your post and welcome 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you too are having some connection issues, I've located your account using your forum details and can see an SNR outage has been raised. 

The fault reference for this is F008927241 and is due to be resolved 13th April, if you're still experiencing issues with the service after this date please let me know.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

Thank you for the update. Much appreciated and good to know. 

I will post here again if we are still having problems. 

Thanks again. 

Thanks Alex.

Will come back on this thread after that time to let you know whether it has been resolved.

Hi,

I am having exactly the same problem. Nothing changed and the upload speed has gone down. 

Instead of around 20Mbps I get around 2Mbps max. It has been like this for the last few days.

VM self test says everything is fine but clearly it is not. The area is E14.

Thanks

Hi zimmemic,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your broadband. 

I have taken a look on our side and it does look as though an engineer visit is required. 

What I will do is private message you so I can look into this. 

^Martin

Hi Alex,

This is still not fixed. I have been ringing the VM helpline and every day it tells me the issue will be fixed by the early afternoon. This has been the case for well over a week now. 

We are incurring extra costs in paying for data from other providers so we can continue to safely work at home. And obviously are paying for a service from VM which we aren’t receiving. It’s quite frustrating. 

Here is the Speedtest from 19:20 this evening:

F1F54155-46B6-45F8-8B75-15FDC4B94073.jpeg

Please can you advise whether this will be fixed soon. And whether we will be able to receive a refund from VM for our broadband for this time?

Many thanks 🙏🏻 

Hi tholliday1,

Our apologies you're continuing to have issues with this. 

I have taken a look on our side and the estimated fix date is: 16 APR 2021. We only credit for total loss of service over 48 hours. 

^Martin

There was an outage yesterday in LU1 area (F008941153) which was said to be fixed yesterday afternoon.

But since then the speeds I'm getting are 

Ping: 12ms

Download: 97.1mbps

Upload: 0.0mbps

Obviously that Upload is a problem! Was that issue really fixed?

We do appreciate the frustration with this, the time advised are estimates and if required will be extended. The team will be working to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

^Martin

Hi Martin, was that a response to me? If the engineers are still working on it then, fair enough I guess. But received an email from VM saying the issue had been fixed.