cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Upload Speed

garrycav
On our wavelength

Hi,

For the past week my download and upload speeds have fluctuated hugely.  My upload during the day is very slow, anywhere between 0.2Mbps and 1.2Mbps.  I'm trying to work from home and the upload is dropping conference calls etc and making it very difficult to work.  This is both on wired and wireless connections, I've complete a hard reset of the router etc.  I used the help messaging and the only response I got (after 24 hours) was to hard reset the router which I'd already done.  No further replies.

I've called VM 4 times, disconnected after 30+ minutes 3 times and finally got through to someone.  They told me I had received a speed upgrade and to complete another hard reset of my router.  I did say that I was dubious that this would resolve the issue but completed nonetheless.  Still the same issues during the day.  It's fine first thing this morning but I know that come 9am it will slow to a crawl again.

Is this a backend capacity issue within VM or a localised issue?  I'm in the Cambridge area.

Thanks

114 REPLIES 114

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @MatthewBest

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to see you're experiencing slow speeds, I can appreciate this must be frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

I've managed to locate your account, and I can see there is a local network performance issue causing slow and intermittent speeds affecting your service currently. Could you please check the coax cable is connected securely to the Hub? 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes, it's firmly connected. Tonight I'm happy to say my upload speed is back to what it should be - about 21 Mbps, instead of 0.05Mbps.

Is there any explanation as to why it was so bad yesterday?

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for coming back to us, glad to hear your upload is looking more where it should be, please let us know if you have any further issues?

Regards

Paul.

B281BAE9-3561-4211-9D4D-278218CCA594.jpeg

We are also in the N7 area of London and have had the same problem for a week. Very frustrating...  we are home working and so it has been a real issue for us. 

Same as the problems above, running checks and resets including hard resets do not fix the problem. I’ve checked all cables multiple times. 

Calling VM the automated message has said “this problem will be fixed by 14:10” but this message hasn’t changed for several days. I am concerned by the fact this has taken other users in this thread a month to be fixed.

Is there still work on the network? If so, is it possible to get a realistic update as to when this might be fixed? And also a refund for the loss of service over the past week?

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks. 

All you can do is keep complaining on this Forum.

Mine is now averaging 15Mbs Upload now.

Hi, this is still a problem for us as per my post above. It’s been a week now. 

VM please help us. 

Also in N7 and experiencing the exact same issue.

Originally the problem was that my WiFi kept dropping, split into 2.4 and 5 and still no luck. Gave up and connected via ethernet. The internet is stable now but upload speed is less than 1MB.

Can someone from VM please look into this with urgency?

Sharing my BQM below. This can't be good:

My Broadband Ping - VM Home

02D91F35-49DD-47D9-BE58-B7835C3A1A45.jpeg

Here is today’s Speedtest. 

We would be very grateful if this could be fixed ASAP please 

Hi ll606,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm very sorry to see you're having some connection issues, the BQM doesn't look great.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and can see there are some SNR issues flagging up.

I've raised an outage for this, this type of issue is typically resolved within 5-7 days.

Alex_Rm