cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Slow Upload Speed

garrycav
On our wavelength

Hi,

For the past week my download and upload speeds have fluctuated hugely.  My upload during the day is very slow, anywhere between 0.2Mbps and 1.2Mbps.  I'm trying to work from home and the upload is dropping conference calls etc and making it very difficult to work.  This is both on wired and wireless connections, I've complete a hard reset of the router etc.  I used the help messaging and the only response I got (after 24 hours) was to hard reset the router which I'd already done.  No further replies.

I've called VM 4 times, disconnected after 30+ minutes 3 times and finally got through to someone.  They told me I had received a speed upgrade and to complete another hard reset of my router.  I did say that I was dubious that this would resolve the issue but completed nonetheless.  Still the same issues during the day.  It's fine first thing this morning but I know that come 9am it will slow to a crawl again.

Is this a backend capacity issue within VM or a localised issue?  I'm in the Cambridge area.

Thanks

114 REPLIES 114

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nekillim

Very sorry to hear you still have these speed issues, I can see there is no update yet currently on the previous ticket. 

Please pop back a couple of days so we can take a closer look. 

Thanks, 

Sasha 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi,

3 weeks of very slow upload speeds, less than 1mb, on the phone they said it is a problem in the area that dates back to 25 Feb, but no details about the fault are available on the system. E17 postcode. What's going on? 

Hi @nekillim

Thank you so much for keeping us up to date and I'm so sorry your uploads are still showing as lower than we would like.

I have just had another look into your account and I am so sorry to say that the outage is still present and the estimated fix time is now the 31st of March at 09.00 am. 

I understand how incredibly frustrating this is. Sometimes faults can require more time to fix then we initially estimated but I can guarantee that our technical team are working as hard as they can to get this fixed. You can view any outages in your area by looking at our service status page here

Well it is now the 31st @ 09:20 and we have no internet at all now!!!!

Not very encouraging?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @nekillim,

I am sorry about the services not being back on yet for you.

The estimated time has now been moved up to 17:30 due to the engineer still working on fixing the issue. He will be working as fast as he can to get this working for everyone. 

Please do let us know by then if you are still without service and we will check the time for you, or you can check on our service status page by clicking here.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

nekillim_0-1617271980016.png

Supposed to be fixed 09:00 on the 31st?

What is todays excuse?

Cannot do any video calls with such a slow upload speed!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @nekillim,

I am sorry for the delay in this being resolved.

I have looked again on the updates in your area and it is saying that your services should be back to normal on the 6th of april 9:00am, we are doing everything in our power to bring this back on and an engineer is on his way to fix the issue.

I am aware this is not a resolution but we are unable to resolve this until an engineer has fixed this.

Thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

I will respond on the 6th.

This has taken over a month to resolve and still no further forward!

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I am sorry about this, we are doing everything possible to resolve this.

Yes do please let me know on the 6th and we will check again for you.

Take care for now.

Hayley
Forum Team

upload.PNG

Can anyone beat this?  My download speed is fine, but my upload speed is so bad, that it really doesn't matter what download speed I get.  I still can barely use the internet.  

I'm connected to the Hub directly via Ethernet, situated in N7 and the Service Status for my area says there are no problems.