Menu
Mart280
Up to speed
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Very Slow Broadband

Lol okay let's be nice Children here, it is after all Easter Sunday, 40 lashes will suffice and a couple of beers to go with it..... Let's forget all that good stuff about the WIFI, the problem is a wired connection should realistically have no speed drops up or down at all, post your stats for download and upload then post your Network stats and please remove all information from your MAC address details before posting 192.168.0.1 and the settings passcode should be an 8 digit number.

0 Kudos
Raczek92
Joining in
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

2019-04-21 (2).png2019-04-21 (3).png2019-04-21 (4).png2019-04-21 (5).png2019-04-21 (8).png2019-04-21 (9).png2019-04-21 (7).png

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Had to reject your log screen shots to protect your privacy as the MAC addresses were not obscured.

The log shows a lot of "RCS Partial Service" errors, combined with a lot of Post RS errors on downstream channels 5 & 6.  This could be a loose connection (check your cables are all finger tight), a damaged or faulty VM cable, faulty hub or an issue with your segment of the network.

You can call 0800 561 0061 to check for known network issues in your area.  This number often lists lower level issues that are not shown on the Service Status page.

If there is not a known issue for your area then you need VM to investigate this and probably send an engineer to check your cabling.  You can call and request a visit, or wait for the forum staff to get to this thread in a few days and they should be able to help you book a visit.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Mart280
Up to speed
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

This is exactly the same issue I had with mine, I had loads of Pre RS errors and partial service, even when I tried to explain this to Tech Support over the phone they didn't want to send anyone out, it was only when someone from the Forum Team actually did something, once my Hub was replaced yesterday I've had so far no issues. VM need to go out and sort it.

0 Kudos