Menu
Nexusloq
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VPoor speed in DY5 area 2MB down 4 meg up on 200mb line

VPoor speed in DY5 area 2MB down 4 meg up on 200mb line this is happening regularly in more than peek times between 6 pm and 11-30pm (getting less than 50mb down even at this late time of night).

feels like over subscription in the area - next stop is offcom is this isn't resolved ASAP. Especially since they are cracking down on poor service with fines.  you cant be advertising speeds of 200 if i'm only getting 1% of that. As a customer since the telewest days i expect better.

0 Kudos
Nexusloq
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: VPoor speed in DY5 area 2MB down 4 meg up on 200mb line

just to note i'm not even using the WIFI before VM starts posing is it placement of wifi and signal. My house network is fully cat6 hard wired on a 24 port gigabit Ethernet network with a highend router (vm router is just running in modem mode). I'm an Computer architect by trade for the last 26 years working in v large data centers. When I say its a VM issue it's a VM issue.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Nexusloq,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your connection, I can see what you mean. You've been online for 4 days and during that time you've accumulated 2802 T4 time-outs. I'm going to need to send an engineer around to investigate further. Please check your inbox (purple envelope, top right) for appointment info.

Catch you soon,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Nexusloq
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Was only getting 100 meg while he was here. 10 mins after engineer left only getting 69 meg. No faults with cabling. it's not even peak times yet. Has raised it to network, but the says the threshold not enough to raise a ticket, so cant expect anything to happen.  

disappointedSmiley Sad 

How bad dose service have to get before you can do something or how many complaints do there have to be from others?

bandwidth.png

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello again Nexusloq,

Thanks for the update Smiley Happy

Sorry to hear the engineer visit wasn't a complete success. When I've checked your connection just now, you've been online for 35 mins without any further time-outs which is encouraging, I will keep an eye on this.

As for the peak time usage, we have thresholds that need to be exceeded before the fault ticket will be accepted as an outage. I'll also keep checking the levels in your area and if anything changes, I'll let you know.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out